Late GTE Exclusive Hatch project

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPEL-MANTA-GTE-EXCLUSIVE-SOLID-SHELL-STARTS-AND-RUNS-IV18-0LP-INVERNESS-SHIRE-/361904435647?hash=item54432f71bf:g:4H8AAOSwB-1YovKU

Nice project for someone, not sure if that's just outer surface rust around the sunroof or it's going to need a roof skin/major roof fettling.  

• Like 1

I say this with a heavy heart but If I can't get mine in to have its rear quarters done whilst moving it might very sadly be up for grabs, I'll be gutted though after spending the last year gathering all the bits!  I might end up with no choice and I'll no doubt have to pay more to get another one later, not many projects around with a chassis as good and with as low miles.

Ooooh just searched and it's a coupe..... if you do have to get shut please gimme a shout Terry, I can't find owt anywhere at the moment. Even got a pal searching in Europe as he works out their all the time. Have you any pics, I can't see the ones you posted as I'm not a full member.

cheers

lee

Hi Lee, bags of pics on my Project thread, please join up and you will see them, might as well as it seems you are keen to own one and being a member you might find other areas on the forum where the cars for grabs come up first for members, the sale is a very very last resort as lots of members have helped out above and beyond to get me the parts I need  but I will give you first dibs should the worst case happen. It probably costs more building your own minter but for me it's much more fun and satisfying, when you look at the finished car you will get the I did that feeling (well most of it) 

Hi Terry

its my 2nd attempt at rescuing a manta, I bought one off a member on here around 2005. It was a  Gte exclusive coupe in electric blue. Anyway Kids still at home and working away I never got to start my 400 Rep I've wanted since the 80's. Now retired at 45 ,no kids at home and lotsa time I'm gunna do it now👍🏻. I've read your project thread and seems ideal for what I would want to start with. Not an easy decision for you mate, but thanks for first dibs if you do have to get shut.

im gunna sign up..!

cheers

lee

5 hours ago, Dogbreath said:

XclDamn, if that was a coupe I'd be all over it, excellent start for someone!

Iv got two gte exclusive coupes in monico blue e reg and d reg just sitting needs welding on other mint mite strip one repair other but  the coupes a rare as rocky pye had them a year, but got no were to repair them .

Iv got x2 gte exclusive coupes been stores over a year plus e and d regs got most part ex, one need a lot of welding but got know were to repair them d reg she'll is a mint both monico blue , 

• Like 1

Not had a proper look yet but my mechanic mate spotted a car on a drive less than a mile away a few weeks back, red Coupe that looks like it's been stood a while, my mate has just texted me about it again whilst on another job for them  and said I need to get round there as they don't want it. Just nipped out in the dark and can't find it grrr. Not sure of your location but this one is in High Lane Cheshire, could try and see if the owner is really up for a sale and see how bad it is if you like? He only asked me as he knew I was after some rear quarters but I'm sorted for those now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealExile said:

Not had a proper look yet but my mechanic mate spotted a car on a drive less than a mile away a few weeks back, red Coupe that looks like it's been stood a while, my mate has just texted me about it again whilst on another job for them  and said I need to get round there as they don't want it. Just nipped out in the dark and can't find it grrr. Not sure of your location but this one is in High Lane Cheshire, could try and see if the owner is really up for a sale and see how bad it is if you like? He only asked me as he knew I was after some rear quarters but I'm sorted for those now.

Hi Terry

Dont go out your way mate but if its possible that would be great. I'm in a little village between the Humber bridge and Brigg in North Lincs. Travelling is not a prob for the right car.

appreciate you thinking of me pal

cheers

Lee

I was just noticing the hatches and cavs are not selling and seem to be a big drop in prices and not moving as of late , quite a very big drop in real money terms .

just been noticing over the last few months on web sites say eBay and other there seem to be quite a few hatches advertised for high prices and over few month not selling for wot people asking , the prices have dropped and people don't seem to be shifting them and I'd say a 25  to 30 % drop from the high they were selling for they must have hit there peak . Differ to fords ?

I don't think anyone minds paying top dollar if the car is a top car as such, but when people are wanting thousands for cars that are needing part to full resto's it's a joke. But then I suppose it's enthusiast vs Dealer... I'd like to think most people who buy a project are in it for the love of the car and not just a money making exercise...!

lee

They're are worth what somebody is willing to pay. It's getting to the stage of "find another one!" 

Don't like the price? Move along the bus is what I say when selling (unless it's a bonkers price). Prices are crazy sometimes but I suppose all cars of this type are going up and up. 

Be interesting to see what this one makes. 

• Like 3

On 15 February 2017 at 14:56, TheRealExile said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPEL-MANTA-GTE-EXCLUSIVE-SOLID-SHELL-STARTS-AND-RUNS-IV18-0LP-INVERNESS-SHIRE-/361904435647?hash=item54432f71bf:g:4H8AAOSwB-1YovKU

Nice project for someone, not sure if that's just outer surface rust around the sunroof or it's going to need a roof skin/major roof fettling.  

Bit of filler in her. seats not keen on them but.and did they make a1.8 gte exclusive or is it just a 1.8 excluclusive with the 2l engine and box wot he says he has changed .

ebay exclusive project , bit of filler in it , bit puzzled did they make a 1.8 gte exclusive or is it   A 1.8 exclusive not a gte cos he's put a 20 litre gte engine and box in it from a 1. 8 so is it a standard exclusive or a gte exclusive , I thout they were 1.8 not gte . So wot is it a exclusive or a gte exclusive with the engine he has changed . Got me

On 15/02/2017 at 14:56, TheRealExile said:

I messaged the guy to ask about the rust on the roof and asked if that is filler above the headlights, got an abrupt answer saying

lewisdufc83:

sunroofs been welded and filled obviously filler above lights cars a 30 yr old plus project not a new car

I'd look before buying this one....
  • Like 1

I suspect this may be the same seller as above seeing as it is located in Invergordon (which is actually in Ross & Cromarty rather than Inverness-Shire).

https://www.gumtree.com/p/opel/1987-opel-manta-gte-2000cc-exc-engine-box-low-miles-project-no-offers/1215315540

Further to above, it is the same seller:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/opel/1988-opel-manta-executive-1.8-solid-shell-exc-engine-gearbox-car-is-complete/1215313892

Edited by Monaco Blue