Ebay: 1983 Y Opel Manta 2.0i 16v XE Redtop Coupe in Ice Blue

48 minutes ago, rlf444w said:

wasnt it for sale on here  a few weeks ago

Yes it was for sale on the forum a couple of weeks ago with no mot,now has one and a price more  appropriate for this lovely example.B)

2 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Yes it was for sale on the forum a couple of weeks ago with no mot,now has one and a price more  appropriate for this lovely example.B)

The original thread was deleted.

I'd say the latest asking price maybe a tad ambitious. However, it's certainly a lovely looking car, and the Ice Blue paint really suits it. I wouldn't say no! But it has no heating, no roof liner and I also noticed the rear seat door cards are not original, all of which detract to some extent. 

I'm afraid that rear spoiler would need to go and replaced with an Exclusive 3-piece one. I'm also not so keen on the wheels. 

Hopefully it will find a good home. 

19 minutes ago, Monaco Blue said:

The original thread was deleted.

I'd say the latest asking price maybe a tad ambitious. However, it's certainly a lovely looking car, and the Ice Blue paint really suits it. I wouldn't say no! But it has no heating, no roof liner and I also noticed the rear seat door cards are not original, all of which detract to some extent. 

I'm afraid that rear spoiler would need to go and replaced with an Exclusive 3-piece one. I'm also not so keen on the wheels. 

Hopefully it will find a good home. 

I'm sure price would be negotiable on those points you mention for the serious buyer,the rear spoiler is an elegance one, I think it suits the overall look of the carB)

I bet it drives great with the LSD and extra horses, won a free lucky dip and I know exactly what I'm spending my winnings on if the numbers come in. :D

I have a 4 manta long term plan, nice A series original as possible, GTE Coupe original, SR Coupe original and then one like this to have some fun in, yeah I know I'm a dreamer but I might get there before I'm too old to enjoy them :rolleyes:

Uh hang on missed out the GTE hatch, five it is :lol:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rlf444w said:

something look odd on the n/s chassis leg under the bonnet it looks like its been welded all the way up and behind the battery

Same the other side, you can just see the roughness, at this price you would imagine they would have ground that back a bit, lovely looking car but 11k buys alot of car

2 hours ago, outsider said:

Same the other side, you can just see the roughness, at this price you would imagine they would have ground that back a bit, lovely looking car but 11k buys alot of car

I am selling the car on behalf of Steve, the chassis is solid and requires no attention. I am guessing that the legs are currently like this due to the previous owner fitting a V8 (hence other alterations) 

the car drives and sounds great, seriously needs nothing other than driving and using! I think the style is a euro track day look. 

It did have nitros which was never used as the car has never been used in anger at all (those who know Steve will know what I mean) so it was decided it was better to remove it. 

Had silly offers and messages so far which are so stupid it's funny 👍🏼 God bless special people 

• Like 1

Lovely car in a non standard colour that I like.

If it were mine I would fit a new headliner,install original rear door cards & carry out some detailing in the engine bay.

If your only going to use it in Spring, Summer & Autumn who needs a heater

I like the rear spoiler

If I had the money & the room this would be in my collection

GLWTS

21 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

I have a 4 manta long term plan, nice A series original as possible, GTE Coupe original, SR Coupe original and then one like this to have some fun in, yeah I know I'm a dreamer but I might get there before I'm too old to enjoy them :rolleyes:

When I first joined OMOC back in 2009 I had just bought a 1980 Cavalier Sports Hatch for £900.

fast forward to today & I now have my long term plan of original A series, original SRB Coupe & original Ascona B.

Don't be a dreamer, beg borrow or somehow find the money to get your cars because they're becoming rarer & are going up fast :thumbup

• Like 5

I hope you are right with prices defo on way yer ,but nothing is selling at the high prices iv notice,and I do notice the prices are dropping at a all time low ,there is a lot on the market at very low prices and a lot on the market at decent low prices ,for a long time advertised ,but they are knot selling ,either fully restored and not restored,so my calculations and market condition,deem me to say the market has dropped out ,with my studies of the market these last 6 months,very cheap.time to pick up a bargin,cos the manta market is at a way time low,pitty but.so begges me to say,wot you ask you aint going to get at the mo.

We currently have 14 Mantas kicking around, all in different conditions. The Manta market has never been as busy from high end cars to restoration project cars and that's coming from 35 collective years of experience. The title car of this thread currently stands at 132 watchers and 4450 views  and it's only been online for 5 days, so I think it's fair to say there's a big market with a lot of interest and demand. 

• Like 3

Philip, checking the market for the last 6 months (the winter months) will not give a true reflection.

Like Motorbikes & Caravans there is a season to be jolly (to sell I mean) & it ain't in the winter, although canny buyers do their business then.

• Like 2

Sold a hatch 18 months ago and it is worth £1500 more now, Have a great exclusive hatch that will be going out the door at over 5k. Coupes, had a firm offer of 7k on my red one, that's going to be 8k by the end of the year. My Brother and I have another 4 coupes under restoration and they are going to be 10k each. Not to mention the other opels that gain money faster than it being in the bank. Another coupe arrived last week and it's a keeper. Another coupe to be collected for restoration asap.

Mantas will not get cheaper, even the prices of spares are being pushed up by the price of the cars

• Like 8