LIGHT AT THE END LOL

Mantacol

Got the mesh on the bonnet. . Lol a bin from the shop cost £1.00 and it's soft enough to cut and shape with a good pair of scissors. I have to go back tomorrow now as I am so pleased the way it looks I am going to do the slots in the front pannel now too. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Gave my wheels a quick clean and spray over the Christmas break too. I went with ford puma metallic black . This is b4 the laqueur went on I will get some more tomorrow once I put them back on the car. Also got the new rear quater glass fixings on just need to trim off and clean the glue. My god it went every where. (And dup to the heat req did on my dining room table )what an understanding wife.

• Like 2

Got a bit more done where I had to cut some of the steel away on the bonnet we made a new plate to strengthen. May be a bit of a giveaway of what I am doing thinking of doing next to it on the template. Lol but it got to 11pm and I need my bed enough for tonight. 😴😴😴😴

Edited by Mantacol
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

New plug cover arrived along with the rocker cover breather modification. Big thanks to Paul lovely fiberglass work again.😊😊 I will have to get all the covers off now prepared and sent off for carbon fibre dipping. Have any of you used any company's that do carbon fibre dipping that you would recommend.  I have found one in Birmingham there work on the net looks good and at £75 for all the engine covers not a bad price .

Well got around to cleaning my calibra brake calipers. Quick wire brush then the wife caught me washing them in the kitchen sink lol. Got away with it as I said I was going to use the dish washer..she saw the funny side now do I go silver to match the car or old school red....😈😈😈.

Edited by Mantacol
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sunroof back in and working with new seal in place.  What a ball ache cutting and gluing that on. Now the bit i have been waiting for car up on axle stands . Let the polishing bengin.😂😂😂put up aphoto now of the sides of the car so I can see the difference in a week or 2 once it's polished up.waste paper bin used again on pic 5 for the mesh for a quid per bin and I used 2 bins for the bonnet and bit under the windscreen pmsl.

Edited by Mantacol
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

New pressed plates on and a little nod to all manta owners with the wording at the bottom. Car booked for rolling road 9th may can't wait to drive now. :ph34r: graphics booked and should be fitted in hope in next couple of weeks. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Covers painted.engine bay next . Just need the damb silicone hoses. 😈thinking of doing the opel logo silver to match the cap and alloy radiator what do you think?

3 hours ago, IanMc said:

Silver would look good for sure, but what about Opel Yellow?!

Ah a friend said go white blue yellow red one colour on each letter so I have acquired some airfix paints to try this weekend on the old cover.😂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Started on the graphics.followed what some said I have stayed away from the traditional and gone with silver on black. The fido dido is a flash back to my first manta I had in the 80's got a friend to draw one for me that was different to thel others out there. I know it's not to everyone taste but I like it and that is what matters. Need to do some carbon fibre effect on the side skirts and rear 1/4 along with the mirror blancks to finish it off next weekend.

Edited by Mantacol
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

New propshaft is on along with rear mud flaps. Sat having a coffee and the Mrs took a sunset photo of the car I quite liked it 😀just wish I could have had a bit more money to have had it all finished for M.H . But hope by 29 in Bodelwyddan castle show. Hope to see some of you there. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Mike. said:

I’m liking the small 400 detail on one of your alloy spokes, spot on..... wheels look well smart as does the whole car! :thumbup

Totally agree, a lovely car which does you huge credit. Great job Sir!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well at last mot hopefully tomorrow and we are done . Clip of the first drive to settle things in .Big thanks club memembers  ( friends i have not met yet)for all the help with parts advice and enccoragment over the years .😈 could not have done it without you .hope to see some of you at the classics in the Castle next Sunday in Bodelwyddan castle.

VID-20180722-WA0004.mp4

Edited by Mantacol
  • Like 2