Scrap on e bay to night

well there is plenty of scrap recks on w bay to night never seen so much rubbish , coupe shell for sale it's got a plant growing out the floor , other one is a cabby reck , and there's q nice 1979 coupe on for sale750 well worth it . And there's a hatch for sale with a nacket roof for £1000 pounds needs work on it rotting , way to much as all mantas prices have dropped thought the floor. 

As somebody who buys, restores and deals in Manta's i currently have 2 nearing completion. Fetching top money. Money which 5 years ago would of been laughed at. A lot are selling under the radar and the same story on my two projects which i have 5 interested parties waiting to come and look. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

As somebody who buys, restores and deals in Manta's i currently have 2 nearing completion. Fetching top money. Money which 5 years ago would of been laughed at. A lot are selling under the radar and the same story on my two projects which i have 5 interested parties waiting to come and look. 

May be right or wrong , by my personal thoughts why people are selling. and mantas popping up in theses condition is affording to repair them or breaking them is cos nobody's got no money  and living costs are going up and austerity , bad times at the movement .

Edited by philip1971

Depends who you are i suppose. But to be honest everything is quiet at the minute (even houses aren't selling). Maybe the time of year when people get their tax refunds, go on holidays and then in August & September after the show season people will be inspired. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Depends who you are i suppose. But to be honest everything is quiet at the minute (even houses aren't selling). Maybe the time of year when people get their tax refunds, go on holidays and then in August & September after the show season people will be inspired. 

Yes but I quoted this in winter , and was told wait untill the summer time. But prices were more last winter proves my point . The prices are lower . Basically the country is skint . 

I'd love to get my hands on that g t exclusive , iv got a mint roof akin for it , but I'm getting a fantastic one of a member of here . But the blue one iv alway liked lol

I think the problem is that they cost so much in time and money that a lot of people hold out. But the finished cars soon fly out and don't stick around for long, i mean we currently have a waiting list!

How are your projects coming on Phillip?

6 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I think the problem is that they cost so much in time and money that a lot of people hold out. But the finished cars soon fly out and don't stick around for long, i mean we currently have a waiting list!

How are your projects coming on Phillip?

We'll great try to start them , but then I see them keep popping up ie either mantas or parts , then I have stupid ideas and end up buying more, and using the cash to pay for the resto on other parts , iv more parts , shells doors to keep them on the road for years , it's a decease for me . I'll have to stop . Iv stuff all over the  place. You name it iv got it. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, philip1971 said:

We'll great try to start them , but then I see them keep popping up ie either mantas or parts , then I have stupid ideas and end up buying more, and using the cash to pay for the resto on other parts , iv more parts , shells doors to keep them on the road for years , it's a decease for me . I'll have to stop . Iv stuff all over the  place. You name it iv got it. Lol

Got a complete road legal working Manta?

55 minutes ago, mantadoc said:

Got a complete road legal working Manta?

Yep .gte exclusive hatch . And a few here and there . But the important ones is the two coupes exclusives gte , they doing my head in . Cannot get nothing done .iv made no profit on none and have no intension to they are my hobby wot I enjoy . But do not do the work on them past that.back leg problems after a  RTC .but not in it to sell any n , I'm in it for the pleasure  only Lol

Edited by philip1971

I've found the more cars I have to do, the less I get done. That's why we are selling a couple of coupes and a couple of hatch and a cavalier centaur right now

See that photobucket thing below?

They want me to pay $399 to be able to show that picture of one of my cars.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

Edited by Kevin Abbott
  • Like 1

I've just bought the red coupe with the plant growing through it. If you had read the description it has had the floor pans removed. Comes with few extras in my eyes was a good buy. I've got two gte coupes now. The way I see it some people can't see beyond the rust some good parts with the car that are worth buying.

• Like 2

speaking about scrap on eBay....bought a Manta A from eBay. Seller says he's waiting for logbook. 
Reality: portuguese car without any paperwork or engine or....kinda almost any bit in it. Now thinking what I should do with it...

On 8 July 2017 at 16:04, Mantacoupe91 said:

I've just bought the red coupe with the plant growing through it. If you had read the description it has had the floor pans removed. Comes with few extras in my eyes was a good buy. I've got two gte coupes now. The way I see it some people can't see beyond the rust some good parts with the car that are worth buying.

I no that y iv was on to him and also bought a few parts off him aswell , wot he did not post , but I got the plant as a tip .cash talks, ps I not a lot of scrap on e bay to night, first come first served lol.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, philip1971 said:

I no that y iv was on to him and also bought a few parts off him aswell , wot he did not post , but I got the plant as a tip .cash talks, ps I not a lot of scrap on e bay to night, first come first served lol.

I hope you haven't bought the parts I wanted lol

On 9 July 2017 at 23:17, philip1971 said:

u got two coupes now, ok so have I , mine are both gte exclusives Monaco blue , ones a mint shell the other I'm using as a donner parts . Both got log books . Then I'll be chopping the shell up after I get the parts off .then also time to get shot of all the others . 

Edited by philip1971

On 04/07/2017 at 11:37, Kevin Abbott said:

I've found the more cars I have to do, the less I get done. That's why we are selling a couple of coupes and a couple of hatch and a cavalier centaur right now

Exactly why im selling my Rekord. No time or funds to continue with all these projects.