Trim under headlights

MarkB1

I have part numbers for you - 

• Chrome Trim - 09287847 (Opel Part 13 24 261)
  • Black Trim - 90038017 (opel Part 13 24 266)

A very quick online search showed up a couple of places you could try in Mainland Europe for this.

(The moulding trim is found in Group 13 - Cooling. Not the first place you would look for it!)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, discodas said:

Hi Sorry to jump on, would also be interested in a black filler strip, which sites are best, or do any other members have a spare one to post to sunny rhyl😀

I have a couple I think in the garage.....I live in Rhyl

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snowy said:

I have a couple I think in the garage.....I live in Rhyl

Wow if you do have one, it would be great to have one, how much would it be, can collect😀

3 hours ago, Exclusive Opel said:

We were in Rhyl the other week, it was shut apart from McDonalds!

Yep not much goes on in Rhyl, we live just out side in Rhuddlan. 😀

16 hours ago, discodas said:

Wow wonderful, would be much appreciated, if you do have one how much would it be please, can collect😀Cheers Disco

I will check how many I have in the garage. I think I've got three good ones. Two silver from early cars and one black.

• Like 1

Fair point Kev but the second hand ones are usually scrap and for the relatively small cost of set up, I'm sure there would be more of a demand for these cheaper parts than for rear quarter panels. 

It was just a thought to test the process really so that we can see how it goes. 

• Like 1

I think remanufacturing  bits is pretty good to all of us. But I think there should be a priority to full rubber sets (weatherstrips) for both doors.

Its near to impossible to find a FULL rubber set new.

In my opinion to have the car completely DRY is a top priority and then to be  beautiful

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dimpas said:

I think remanufacturing  bits is pretty good to all of us. But I think there should be a priority to full rubber sets (weatherstrips) for both doors.

Its near to impossible to find a FULL rubber set new.

In my opinion to have the car completely DRY is a top priority and then to be  beautiful

A leaking door seal passes the MOT, a missing crucial panel sends a car to the scrappers.  You only need seals AFTER you have a floor.  Before that the water runs out the bottom anyway

• Like 2

A question re this trim strip. Was it factory fitted to Exclusive's when they were new? As I have seen some restorations with it fitted and some without with varying degrees of success as it does leave a bit of a unsightly gap on some depending on how the front spoiler and grill have been re-attached. 

Edited by Monaco Blue

Its true ! ! !
The Greek "MOT" called KTEO is  much more different!
Even you miss a wing you are still on legal on the road..
But if there is water in the car then in 1 year the floor will be gone.

So to prevent the floor to rust (from the inside) i suggested to have our Mantas Waterproofed at first.