Paul C Looking for a Manta Coupe

Paul C

Hello All

I have decided to join the OMOC basically I am 50 years old and I guess at this age you tend to start looking back at your life

Back in 1988 I purchased an Opel Manta Coupe GSI Twin Headlamps I loved it. For the next 4 years whilst I owned were very happy for me

I met my Wife in 1990 she thought I was a bit flash cos I had this Manta until she got to know me.  Then our first Daughter was born and the Manta had to go for more family type car.

I still have re-occurring dreams that I still own a Manta so I this is telling me something

I am looking to purchase an Opel Manta Coupe Twin Headlamps does anyone have one fo sale or knows of anybody who does.  Would consider a restoration project

Regards
Paul C

Good luck in your search for your next manta coupe, keep searching the for sale section here regularly along with the other sites and be prepared to drop everything and go look as soon as, good coupes don't hang about too long. It took me 10 years to get my first manta coupe and I've been working on it now for 16 months non stop but now it's ready for paint, regardless of all the work it's definitely worthwhile and brings a sense of achievement.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 15:04, Monaco Blue said:

This Exclusive Coupe was for sale a few weeks back and was subsequently re-advertised at a lower price. See bottom of thread for the last Ebay link. No idea if it sold or not. You could email the seller if interested.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 15:04, Monaco Blue said:

This Exclusive Coupe was for sale a few weeks back and was subsequently re-advertised at a lower price. See bottom of thread for the last Ebay link. No idea if it sold or not. You could email the seller if interested.

Thanks Dave yeah I saw this one as well the fella had 28 inquiries via eBay and of course sold it I got there too late

Thanks Dave I spotted this

Hi Kev

Thanks for getting in touch.  Give me some options what I want is coupe with twin headlamps what have you got

Below is an image of my Manta I had back in the day

I have the budget for the one I want do you want to send some images to paul.crosbie14@outlook.com

Regards
Paul

Opel Manta GSI.jpg

• Like 1

That's a nice looking and interesting car.  Externally, it looks like a Dolphin Grey Exclusive, but being a C plate it's too early. They were all D plates as far as I know. Also being a RHD GSi means it probably wasn't a UK supplied car. Perhaps bought in Eire? It's also got the Europe only red fabric Recarro's. They weren't an option for UK cars. All in all a bit of an oddity. Still nice though! 

Edited by Monaco Blue

I think it was more of a gold colour apparently there was only 250 of these made.  Anyhow once the family came along it had to go I sold it to my mate.  One day whilst at the traffic lights it got a rear shunt he jumped out to see what was going on whilst another guy jumped in the driving seat and run away with it.

It got recovered by the police it was in a bit of state my mate shelled out and got it restored only for two weeks later for the wind to blow a brick wall on top of it.  that was the end of this beautiful car  

1 hour ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Its not that colour, its steel grey, same as my hatch. 

Mixed messages Dan, the Baryt Brown photo was for Paul C. :)

Your Exclusive coupe being registered in Jan 87 should be one of the original batch. Are you sure it's not Dolphin Grey rather than Steel Grey? I don't think there were any Steel Grey Exclusives (just 87MY GTE's) and was discontinued by the time of the 88MY Exclusives, as was Dolphin Grey. It's a complicated business! ;)

• Like 1

You are right about the differences between Dolphin & Steel grey, easily mistaken when viewed in isolation, but when next to each other it was much more apparent.

Out of interest, here are some old threads re Manta colours. An interesting read: