Turner Tour of the lakes

Danny D114BCW

The Turner Tour! - Okay so as some of you know, a big character and best friend to some of us Andrew Turner died a few of years ago. So we said at the time around his passing we would meet up. The 'Turner Tour' was a huge success last time we ran it so this year it is back on. The route will be the same (or there about's) 'driving' down Andy's favourite roads where his ashes were scattered. 

So the meet is in the Lake District near Ambleside, it is around an hours drive and we can stop off for some lunch after the drive. The date is Saturday 23rd September, times to be confirmed. But if your interested let me know so we have some idea of numbers and cars.

• Like 1

Hi ya Danny.

I just wanted to let you know that I  would  love to  attend  Andys tour of the lakes.Especially  as my car was the last one that Andy took on to Refurbish.

But sadly never got chance to  finish.

Pl

Can you let me know  if this will still  go ahead. 

Plus it would be  nice to meet you. 

Cheers Stuart. 

Hi Danny. What a great idea. I'll have to wait while the next one though as Andy's old Silver B 4 speed lhd Manta Gt/e here isn't finished yet. Next time though yeah? You lot make some noise and leave some rubber on those roads in the memory of Drew and I'll join you next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggested your run is leave ambleside on a591 to Keswick can stop in centre for a drink or wc. 18 miles.Back out of Keswick on a66 towards carlisle17 miles right turn onto a5091 troutbeck onto kirkstone pass or if fancy a bit further on a66 and just outside Carlisle right turn onto a592 heading passed ullswater lake down towards Kirkstone pass back down into ambleside on to a591 to Windermere for a lake side park up  and chat before set off home. Lots of pubs for food on way.  

Edited by rutts
Added info
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear Opel friends are any of you up for the Turner tour of the lakes on the 21 st September 2019  please feel free to tag people as it won’t let me
for those who don't know its a regular event by NW members to remember our great friend Drew who was taken from us too soon 
normally its a hoon around the lake district and a stop along the way for a cuppa        times to be confirmed. But if your interested let me know so we have some idea of numbers and cars

Edited by garymanc
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...