jamie077366

Track day v8 manta

Offside sill and arch Welded on, any one else have any dramas with the Klokkerholm arches? It didn’t seam to have as much flair as the original, made fitting a bit of a ball ache.  My brother gave me a hand who’s done loads of arches for clients etc and he wasn’t massively happy with it. Anyhow, it’s a track car , it’l be fine....😂

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Just curious, why did you decide not to use the square profile of the repair panel?

I think can see its shape marked on the rear quarter panel?

Just checking but are you sure its a Klokkerholm arch? Just asking as all those panels i have ever used including cills etc are painted black. I have found the arches to fit really well.

I did buy a pair of arches from Germany once that were your colour and i ended up using the metal for repair sections as the fit wasn't good, your outer arch looks closer than norm to your petrol filler, might just be the picture angle.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, IanMc said:

Just curious, why did you decide not to use the square profile of the repair panel?

I think can see its shape marked on the rear quarter panel?

Hi Ian, the arch was a really poor fit and needed persuading to fit, so much so serious risk of destorting it, thoughts were less of arch used less destortion. have I been a dick? 😂 Ps.... just read bris jas comment and this could be reason....

3 hours ago, bris jas said:

Just checking but are you sure its a Klokkerholm arch? Just asking as all those panels i have ever used including cills etc are painted black. I have found the arches to fit really well.

I did buy a pair of arches from Germany once that were your colour and i ended up using the metal for repair sections as the fit wasn't good, your outer arch looks closer than norm to your petrol filler, might just be the picture angle.

It says klokerholm on it but as you say, different colour to normal and different to other side that was ordered the same time.... iv not done arches (or much tbh) before but brother said they’re not normally such a t..t to fit...?? I’m guessing iv got same arch as you found not fit for purpose. There were other issues too I won’t bore you with to much 

Edited by jamie077366

Anyway matey, its on now so all good!

Your moving forward again, so good luck.

I don’t want to see another pot of filler for a long time! Believe it or not iv been hours and hours getting to where they are now , they still need fair bit of work but will do some more on them when it comes to spray prep. I need a break from arches! Also welded in new steal  in rear quarters and back panel, wish I’d taken pics of before  as that actually went quite well. So, all that’s left is roof, make new exhaust and prep for paint...another month should do it, (if I can bring myself to do bit more on arches) 😂

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Keep going with the arches if your not happy, there are a few lines and curves to get right but well worth the hours and dust once painted and looking right!

1 hour ago, bris jas said:

Keep going with the arches if your not happy, there are a few lines and curves to get right but well worth the hours and dust once painted and looking right!

Thanks bud. Getting them looking ‘ok I suppose ‘ takes no time, getting them to look spot on takes forever! I’m sure a professional would get them looking good in no time. I know where still needs work, you can even see in the tiny pics. I’m gonna sort wings out then go back to them 👍