Track day v8 manta

jamie077366

6 hours ago, jamie077366 said:

Ahh dam…. Must of clicked by mistake…. That’s me, that’s part of my job….. cars good escape from the job 😂😂

Well it looks like a lot more fun than a day at the office 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jamie077366 said:

Yes definitely, another part of the job is shovelling shite , but yes, I couldn’t work in an office 🤦‍♂️

I always said things like that until my knees decided otherwise 😁

And the old saying about ‘where there is muck, there is money’ is apt 😁

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hope all well with you guys, not been on so much lately…..

well, engine patched up with new shells, cam bearings, bores bit worn but she runs sweet.

went for ten min test on back road (no mot), hit put hole, sump hit high part on road, oil everywhere 🤦‍♂️

droped sub frame, welded sump, all back togeather, pass mot yesterday 👍

before and after pics of engine bay, still not a show car but I think more pleasing on the eye….

have a good day everyone  😀😀 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

Does the sump sit lower then subframe?  Very unfortunate though, but with state of roads all over the uk I fear how bad some of the pot holes will be after the next winter 😬

Hi Jess, yes by an inch, will make a sump guard at some point,

was a bit unlucky as it’s the same sump that was used 8-9 years ago when on the road properly.

I knew the road was bad but only went on it as there’s only Farm traffic and wasn’t particularly legal.

iv not been on the forum for a while, Il check out all your projects when I get a min 👍

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, hope alls well.

Thought I’d take a trip to cadwell Sunday. Thoughts were if anything goes wrong iv time to sort before spring.

car survived, engine goes really well, just towards end of straight she goes a bit vague, revs happily in second and third so I’m thinking it’s nothing to serious but maybe fuel pump not keeping up, it’s higher than tank atm so Il make a bracket for it to sit lower.

was a little scary with 888s in the wet but, quite fun.

few bits and bobs to do but so far nothing serious.

have good evening 👍

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

What you need is a set of 16” stepped rims (8” rear)  so you can go 215s and less tyre deflection 😂

Hi Jess, your rims look great.

not sure what I’m doing once iv got through these 888s, I got lucky with the size, they’re 205 55 14 so great on standard rims, but it’s not a common size, they were on eBay 4 years ago, I snapped them up even though car was a long way off finished. Never seen size before or since.

I think just to keep costs down Il go 195 50. 15 when these are dead.

again though, top job on rim design, look very opel 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamie077366 said:

Hi Jess, your rims look great.

not sure what I’m doing once iv got through these 888s, I got lucky with the size, they’re 205 55 14 so great on standard rims, but it’s not a common size, they were on eBay 4 years ago, I snapped them up even though car was a long way off finished. Never seen size before or since.

I think just to keep costs down Il go 195 50. 15 when these are dead.

again though, top job on rim design, look very opel 👌

Presume you mean 195/60R14 once dead 😁 Yeah 205/55R14 is an even rare size, if a bit wide for the std 6” rims. I do know that the 195/60R14 tyres are getting rarer though, hence at sone point ppl will need to change rims, perhaps to 15” but that’s not for me tbh. 16” is the sweet spot for tyres. 205/45R16 are spot on for overall diameter/rolling radius abd cheap as chips.
Thanks for comments on my design, tried to stay as OEM look but more for the 5studs look.

24 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Presume you mean 195/60R14 once dead 😁 Yeah 205/55R14 is an even rare size, if a bit wide for the std 6” rims. I do know that the 195/60R14 tyres are getting rarer though, hence at sone point ppl will need to change rims, perhaps to 15” but that’s not for me tbh. 16” is the sweet spot for tyres. 205/45R16 are spot on for overall diameter/rolling radius abd cheap as chips.
Thanks for comments on my design, tried to stay as OEM look but more for the 5studs look.

Sorry my fault, i ment il swap to 195 50 15 for track on random 15” rims I can find with it being a cheap size, yes il go 195 60 14 for road, last time I looked you could still get Toyo proxes in that size, reasonable tyre for the price 

30 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Actually you’re totally right, things change over the years, 205/45/16 super cheap 👍😀

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Trip to cadwell.

nearly got boss of fuel problem, I put a bigger fuel pump on, was a little to much pressure and fuel coming out overflow of carbs, put on fuel regulator, all good on road, but goes a bit vague just over 100 at cadwell,  i put on an air fuel ratio gauge and indeed, runs 12-12.5 all though gears and rev range until hitting 5k in 4th and goes to 15… also it’s up hill at cadwell on straight so I guess bit harder work.

few other bits to sort, had vibration on heavy breaking…. 

but in general, a good night and she drove home 😂

have a good day everyone. 

• Like 7