Jump to content

XRA721Y Body work update


¢ordy$hine
 Share

Recommended Posts

Been busy over the weekend while the sun shone. Cut off lower front panel, test fitted the new one to check if all was good in the hood. Bare metaled under nose cone and all the front panel. Epozyed that. Popped off n/s/f wing. Bared metaled most of the inner wing. No rust!! amazing for a vehicle 34 year old. Even modern day cars I work on have tons of rust. I'm going to remove the road wheel later and carry on with the inner wing. I bought some dash parts off a club member, cheers for that man. Managed to get a retro steering wheel cover. Bare metaled that,  strength welded all the seems added more 1mm steel and 2 packed painted it a bright colour to detur scumbags. Cuppa now!! 😀 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/10/2017 at 22:18, ¢ordy$hine said:

Been busy over the weekend while the sun shone. Cut off lower front panel, test fitted the new one to check if all was good in the hood. Bare metaled under nose cone and all the front panel. Epozyed that. Popped off n/s/f wing. Bared metaled most of the inner wing. No rust!! amazing for a vehicle 34 year old. Even modern day cars I work on have tons of rust. I'm going to remove the road wheel later and carry on with the inner wing. I bought some dash parts off a club member, cheers for that man. Managed to get a retro steering wheel cover. Bare metaled that,  strength welded all the seems added more 1mm steel and 2 packed painted it a bright colour to detur scumbags. Cuppa now!! 😀 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

On 15/10/2017 at 22:18, ¢ordy$hine said:

Been busy over the weekend while the sun shone. Cut off lower front panel, test fitted the new one to check if all was good in the hood. Bare metaled under nose cone and all the front panel. Epozyed that. Popped off n/s/f wing. Bared metaled most of the inner wing. No rust!! amazing for a vehicle 34 year old. Even modern day cars I work on have tons of rust. I'm going to remove the road wheel later and carry on with the inner wing. I bought some dash parts off a club member, cheers for that man. Managed to get a retro steering wheel cover. Bare metaled that,  strength welded all the seems added more 1mm steel and 2 packed painted it a bright colour to detur scumbags. Cuppa now!! 😀 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

This week I dropped off the N/S/F wing to a glass blasting company in Milton Keynes His name and number are TOR 07791311186 if anyone needs glass blasting at a good price. I asked him could I give his number to the club and he said great. He also did my both rear brake backing disc's The wing came back lovely, no holes, no patches of filler so I was happy. The brake backing plates were dropped off for powder coating this week.  I ordered some colour tinted Epozy primer, tinted to help with the Subaru ice blue later. The new front lower panel had the recycled rear section added from the original panel as a club member recommend, thank you. I've had a RMJ rear bumper for 20years waiting for this car, tried it on. The number plate is still on there from my old Manta. Cheers. ☺ 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 22/10/2017 at 17:36, ¢ordy$hine said:

Thank you. I should have popped on the rear wheels and shut the boot before I took the photo!! 😀 

Got this mint rust free door which has been in a shed for many years from a very nice guy who drives a Manta. My original door has a bubble forming so I decided to get a replacement. Rear axle all painted and ready for reassembly when it gets a bit warmer. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Another busy day. Finished overhauling the rear axle, less oil as I need to find out which oil type for the LSD. Popped it under the car ready for round two. Fitted the replacement door with all new stainless bolts x16.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 11/03/2018 at 18:22, Monaco Blue said:

 

Been playing with my rear lights this week. I'm going to try and make LED lights soon and these will last until then. I stripped of the carbon fibre vinyl from the rear number plate infill panel. Got better carbon fibre vinyl, recovered it and got an Irmscher sticker made up at my local car wrap company 'Carmeleon' painted clear lacquer over them both. The lacquer turned the grey carbon vinyl darker nearly matching the black Irmsher sticker... Weird. I was looking for an effect not to make the sticker stand out and I got it!! 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ¢ordy$hine said:

Been playing with my rear lights this week. I'm going to try and make LED lights soon and these will last until then. I stripped of the carbon fibre vinyl from the rear number plate infill panel. Got better carbon fibre vinyl, recovered it and got an Irmscher sticker made up at my local car wrap company 'Carmeleon' painted clear lacquer over them both. The lacquer turned the grey carbon vinyl darker nearly matching the black Irmsher sticker... Weird. I was looking for an effect not to make the sticker stand out and I got it!! 

It's certainly subtle! :thumbup 

The jury is out on the rear lights, but I do like the idea of the full width black strip across the rear. It's a pity that smoked standard lights aren't available. That would look good. Still a cracking looking car though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Has to be one of the nicest mantas i ever seen, colour suits it perfect, almost to perfect, opel missed out on this big time, think the wheels help also! 

 

Thank you. 😀 

22 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

It's certainly subtle! :thumbup 

The jury is out on the rear lights, but I do like the idea of the full width black strip across the rear. It's a pity that smoked standard lights aren't available. That would look good. Still a cracking looking car though. 

Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/05/2018 at 22:47, Monaco Blue said:

It's certainly subtle! :thumbup 

The jury is out on the rear lights, but I do like the idea of the full width black strip across the rear. It's a pity that smoked standard lights aren't available. That would look good. Still a cracking looking car though. 

Full width black strip across the rear...................  it's been done  :lol:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Hiya folks. 

Latest project for the Manta. I've spent hours under the boot area bare metalling the underneath. As I had light surface rust starting. It's been treated. Two coats of black epoxy primed. 'Tigersealed' joints. Next job to coat it with bedliner. This all started as I was underneath fitting a new exhaust. I plan on repeat this process one area at a time. I would love to fit the body to a roll over jig and do it all at once, but it's not possible for me. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
On 26/08/2019 at 21:27, ¢ordy$hine said:

Hiya folks. 

Latest project for the Manta. I've spent hours under the boot area bare metalling the underneath. As I had light surface rust starting. It's been treated. Two coats of black epoxy primed. 'Tigersealed' joints. Next job to coat it with bedliner. This all started as I was underneath fitting a new exhaust. I plan on repeat this process one area at a time. I would love to fit the body to a roll over jig and do it all at once, but it's not possible for me. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Hi all. 

Several weeks ago I bare metalled the body and gave it a coat of black epoxy. Today it finally got 2 pack primed. My boss is getting fed up with Manta bits everywhere. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Awesome update 👍

What colour is that, like an Audi grey?

It's the 2 pack primer, it looks like colour though. It's going to be a pearl blue. Here's the bonnet which I've painted in the finished colour. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ¢ordy$hine said:

It's the 2 pack primer, it looks like colour though. It's going to be a pearl blue. Here's the bonnet which I've painted in the finished colour. 

 

Ah ha😁 now you told me, I see it. But when I first looked I swear it was gloss. So you gave the black 2K as a kind of isolator ?

Like the blue, lovely 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...