IanMc

Polar White and Rust - a restoration epic, can it even be done?

yes wont actually improve the braking as such( once the servo is vacuumed up its reached its potential) but will definately remove any small inlet air leaks .the pipes are usually brittle at this age as they seem to be usually the originals.

so as jess says ,can only make things better.

nice to hear its all up and running and nearly finished

( you do realise it will never actually be finished !   these cars or any for that matter never get actually finished ! a labour of love indeed and that why we do it)

only thing i would do differently is not go for the mot exemption,never understood this move and think it will eventually backfire on all of us proper classic enthusiasts.i think there will be people out there who use the exemption as an excuse for cheap and dangerous motoring.some people know nothing about maintaining a safe car and will never bother doing anything untill something breaks.obviously this wont apply to hundreds of owners like us and in this club but there will be people out there who will take advantage.

all the best mate and happy motoring

• Thanks 1

Thanks Buz, but in reality what that really means is that my car was a complete and total basket case when I bought it  :lol:

Looking back, it probably should have gone straight off to the scrap yard the day it arrived at my house...

Anyway, we can all look back and smile now I guess. Thanks again.

Hi all,

Sorry I have not been around much lately, I've been busy pottering around with other things... In truth, I have also fallen out of love with the car a little bit. That's probably as things have been so busy on it for so long, I probably should have taken more mini breaks between stages, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think a little break from working on it will probably help my enthusiasm and love to return - time will tell I guess.

With that in mind, I decided to drive it over for one of the last outdoor Archery sessions of the year. He is the old girl when I got back, as the light was fading:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Take care everyone - say safe, stay well x

• Like 5

She’s looking stunning Ian, that is the results of your hard work and devotion to the project, this is the time now to sit back and relax a bit, enjoy the other little things in life you we’re missing as a result of your build, but know you have your cavalier coupe there and ready in the garage when you have a few minutes to yourself, go out for a run, polish, small running repairs etc.... that’s when you can really enjoy her knowing that you don’t have a mountain of work to do on her now, you have the best of both worlds now, family and your hobby, Of which now you can spend quality time with, exactly Ian, your small drive to the Archery is what you built it for, to enjoy 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She looks great Ian, enjoy her. When the weather is dry I take her also out, also together with my Son. Quality time...

• Like 1