Polar White and Rust - a restoration epic, can it even be done?

back in the day when you could buy vynil roof kits the vynil always came folded flat and had bad creases once opened.once fitted to car the creases dissapeared after a while as it settled. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I needed to pop into work this evening to collect something, so my Son and I decided to take the Cav - well why not?! She ran really well and showed a great turn of speed, which certainly surpris

I needed to get to something in the garage earlier, so rather than risk it falling on the car I decided to roll it out. This seemed like a good opportunity to take a few quick photos.   Pro

Dear All, I hope that you are all keeping well and enjoying your wonderful cars, in whatever capacity. This is a little update for you on things here at the moment: 1) Our Son reached t

Posted Images

I know what you mean Chris, but perhaps the difference was/is that you also used adhesive on the roof?

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

How did the roof lining turn out? Were you happy with the results? I’m struggling to find a supplier and may have to make my own. 

I haven't even started it yet Jonathan - too many other things have got in the way recently.

The car is in regular use though, and although there have been one or two small issues (a perished vacuum line and a  leaking radiator), it has performed well.

I think that I will use it throughout the Summer and Autumn, then take a look at the headliner when the weather turns cold and wet.

Take care everyone.

• Like 6

my vinyl roof was made from "off the roll" by a trimmer.he was going to make it a one piece affair but i insisted he put the 2 lengthways joints in it as original.also did the interior lining too.

was a very good and straightforward job .i just dropped the car off one friday night and took the screens out for him and if i remember correctly it was ready 2 weeks later .

sadly that trimmer has retired now but he did all that for £250 but it was back in late 90's

• Like 2