87D GT/E Exclusive Coupe £20K

That's a nice collection of Mantas you have Gerry.

£20K is top money but your car is what the market currently likes e.g. original & unmodified plus low mileage. It ticks other boxes as well being an Exclusive Coupe.

As others have said a car is worth what someone is willing to pay but as you are not desperate to sell it then you can afford to wait for the right buyer to come along.

• Like 1

Thanks mike , that would been 2016 pic. I am tempted !! Never late in an eight !,! :D lad at work said that to me this week ! Hadn’t heard that before!,

E552CEA8-8632-478D-B899-C1190AA21AF9.jpeg

AD9EE3A1-4EBD-4AE4-B51A-5899270777C8.jpeg

6D489A42-031F-4D46-B2F0-2706BB623114.jpeg

227792F9-8E67-4985-BA41-102A93196851.jpeg

0F440203-93E7-490C-B198-8CB208DD4CB5.jpeg

66AC6C25-4B2B-4250-8878-68C7048613A7.jpeg

C3B4BF26-60CD-4FF7-A248-450F630BF3BF.jpeg

Edited by GerryC400
Pics uploaded with help from my wife. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know about “Cazana” I stumbled across this site with my manta advertised for £25000 . It’s not me that’s put it there . Just googled Opel manta as I sometimes do and up came D400VSS  for sale . All the description is the wording I used on gumtree ? Any thoughts ? Looks like they are trying to offer finance on it , trying to be the middle man. Appreciate people comments about no pics, I now have my email account going again . I may re advertise in the future with pics .  Just interested to hear what people know about this Cazana. Thanks Gerry .

8 hours ago, GerryC400 said:

Anyone know about “Cazana” I stumbled across this site with my manta advertised for £25000 . It’s not me that’s put it there . Just googled Opel manta as I sometimes do and up came D400VSS  for sale . All the description is the wording I used on gumtree ? Any thoughts ? Looks like they are trying to offer finance on it , trying to be the middle man. Appreciate people comments about no pics, I now have my email account going again . I may re advertise in the future with pics .  Just interested to hear what people know about this Cazana. Thanks Gerry .

Cant offer much info Gerry but i did find some sort of blog advertising website by the looks of it  https://revmatch.me/2017/02/13/cazana-used-car-check/

Interestingly enough it mentions gumtree but also states its a great way to purchase a car not sell lol so not sure what the story is, it states cazana was formerly www.ukvehicle.com

Either way it looks like you have got some free advertising:-)

More info https://www.am-online.com/news/supplier-news/2017/11/10/cazana-used-car-database-attracts-175m-funding-boost

Edited by saving mantis

I have been using Cazana for a couple of years to check car histories etc. It's basically trying to sell you full vehicle histories etc. like an HPI check. Up until a few weeks ago it told where it was registered, how many owners it had, dates of changes in ownership and MOT history (same as the DVLA history). However, I note that the free information is now a bit more restricted. Probably to get you to pay for the info. It also links to any 'for sale' ads for said vehicle past & present hence why your Gumtree ad is being quoted.

I'm not sure why yours is showing as £25K when the Gumtree ad states £20K. It's a bit odd.

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Folks,

Just to let you know , this car is available for sale. Only thing that has changed , I guess is we are all 2 years older ........ The details of the car are still the same , price also. Just so your aware , i am looking to sell all my mantas all be it I am not in a hurry. I have firmed up in my mind that it is time to sell up, as the cars do not get used , and the guilt of keeping them hidden away .  One person 3 cars all different styles ,which I have enjoyed building and owning for different reasons. Appreciate that the styles of each of the cars is not to every ones taste, but as i have been fortunate enough to have owned 3 coupes , i liked having the different styles,.

So me selling up the cars may well bring 3 new members to a great club.  My white 400r sold last week ,although the car is still in my garage, the v8 is advertised on Facebook market place. Please dont frown that i have not put it here as I am the worlds least technical person in computers , phones and all that stuff. My wife has put the red car up for me on facebook in an account that i apparently have. Its been 25 years of manta ownership and i like to think, in my own way that i have been doing my bit for the mark up here in the north east and north of Scotland, and I am delighted to see so many projects up this way being finished to a high standard. There are roughly 10 -12 cars up this way these days when at one point there were only 3 or 4 of us. I say 25 years of ownership ,but that may be longer , if i dont get a buyer for the cars.  It would be really nice for the cars to be appreciated and seen. 

When I can or someone can , I will see if I can get some additional pics of the interior and engine bay, i dont believe you would be disappointed  with the condition this car is still in. There have been a few people shown interest in the car , but the price has been a sticking point. Coupes at auction recently have done very well , having more owners and higher miles ,not in exclusive trim . Not having alot to go on to gauge a price except what cars can make at auction and what it would take for me to let it go. 

On the subject of spares , I would say, i have accumulated quite a few, I will sort something out in the coming weeks in terms of a list . I got 1 of the local lads coming to pick some spares first.