Ascona A voyage

Paul Barrett

That’s the best comment you’ve ever given ian on here haha

2 hours ago, IanMc said:

Was that the one on EBay a short time ago?

Regardless, great shape and as you say incredibly rare.

Good luck and enjoy!

Yes Ian it is. I’ve let go one of my A’s to have this . I think it’s a worthy trade off. 

After a faff yesterday with my trailer not being fixed managed to borrow from friends brothers body shop 

A trouble free day after a 7am set off to dropping the car at it’s short term home at the farm with reasonable weather too. 

The ascona In a lot better state than the pictures show, All usual areas gone but totally saveable and I’m well pleased. It’s probably the best A series I’ve had so far in an original state. 

And to boot had a load of panels and spares thrown in for a deal.

4 new wings (5 I have now!)

x2 new front bumpers

a top front panel

another boot lid with a good top half. 

A rotted out door but with glass

all the trims are there

an ascona A coupe door full rear quarter(which I’ll sell on to recoup for anyone interested)

x4 4 spoke revolutions 

has a set of lowering springs on it.

very happy. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Edited by Paul Barrett
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Full strip down and blasting the shell where needed on the lowers body.

Underside raptor coated body colour.

hopefully all original interior and body as is just cleaned up and tarted where needed. The drivers seat is in a bad way but I’m hoping I can get a match. The interior is blue. 

It will be an original car bar something different for the engine (which I have) The engine in it is not original  1600 but a manta 2ltr with a Weber which will be up for sale in a few weeks once removed. It will be done in a manner so it can have a 1600 and matching axle if it ever has to be sold. As modified it won’t be worth what it should, value wise I was going to speak to you for the insurance too steve.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not seen it since I dropped it at the farm.

im deperate to get all buts transferred from the black Manta A I have  up there as that shell is sold. 

Itl get done hopefully next week. As I’m away this weekend. Other sore time has been spent on the grey Manta to get it going for Coventry motor fest

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some wheels. Been on this lads lads for 2 months, will see if they suit the voyager. May be a tad large, but for the power plant that’s going I’ll need a bit more rubber in touch with the tarmac and to fit the brakes in. 

• 2 months later...

Had a result.

located 2 new rear lenses in Germany, bit of google translate (thank god for the internet!) and now just sorting a deal with postage. 

Thought that may take me some time to locate even a second hand drivers one, but to find a new pair is a score.

• Like 2