400 body kit best one to get

Hi there any one happen to no of the best fitting 400 kit available today I have seen a couple of people on the forum mention a member called Martin does a good fitting kit can any one agree and no what sort of money they are I need full kit. Bonnet front panel wings rear arches spoiler and sills etc 

6 hours ago, Manta hatch said:

Hi there any one happen to no of the best fitting 400 kit available today I have seen a couple of people on the forum mention a member called Martin does a goof fitting kit can any one agree and no what sort of money they are I need full kit. Bonnet front panel wings rear arches spoiler and sills etc 

your probably looking at £900 to  £1000,but I wouldn't expect too much change out of that,the martin kit is generally regarded in club circles as the absoulute dogs wotsits and that's down to the fact he has the original irmscher moulds.

Rallytech are held in high regard aswell,apart from these two forget about anyone else you come across mate.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Manta hatch said:

The Martin kits sounds like the one then can any one put me in touch with said Martin also just to clarify he does the full kit wings bonnet spoiler rear arches side skirts front panel etc ? Cheers 

As far as I know contact with said martin was done via lepo5 (club member).. still maybe?..not to sure about how much this Martin chap produces,goes without saying the arches,i would say at least you may have to get the rallytech bonnet,which is rated,would not worry about the airdam as your building a 400R.

Also can I just ask..are you doing this conversion to a hatch...,or is your username a bit misleading in that respsect,... good luck with your project nonetheless.:thumbup

• Like 1

Cavalier coupe I used to have a hatch now have mk1 cavalier saloon with Xe on tbs which will be going in the 400r when it's done my father will be doing the body he is long time manta fanatic having owned over 100 mantas and body man by trade so I no it will be done right it's just a case of getting good quality kit which it looks Martin is the man for I will start a build thread when I finally get into it this winter need to get my mk2 gte finished of first so I've got ramp free for the 400r project  cheers all advice 

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 23:07, Manta hatch said:

The Martin kits sounds like the one then can any one put me in touch with said Martin also just to clarify he does the full kit wings bonnet spoiler rear arches side skirts front panel etc ? Cheers 

I have sent you PM regarding getting in contact with Martin, if you are interested.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Im surprised no one purchased a 'really good kit' and produced their own molds to mass produce. After all, they are all copies except the original irmscher.

Problem is with these, they are only made to order, driving costs etc, would imagine a good kit with bonnet would be 1k plus? Maybe 1.5k?

I was talking to an old guy recently who mentioned some exworks 400 kits where produced in Northern Ireland, think this was the period when cars where in their hay day, and received accident damage. Some where kevlar.

i think my replica has one of these kits. With flanges turned in. Ive never seen an identical kit, just wee subtle differences.

Seens an advert for them from around 1984  85 advertising them, old rally mag. 

There has to be loads of different variations out there? 

4 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Explained here..

Yes i read it and have pmd Danny

3 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Message Andrew Abbott on here, he has a full kit 

It may also be worth joining the club and posting in the correct section to get noticed more? 

Ok will do that. Sorry i thought it was ok to reply in a thhread that was all about a kit from Martin.

9 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Im surprised no one purchased a 'really good kit' and produced their own molds to mass produce. After all, they are all copies except the original irmscher.

Problem is with these, they are only made to order, driving costs etc, would imagine a good kit with bonnet would be 1k plus? Maybe 1.5k?

I was talking to an old guy recently who mentioned some exworks 400 kits where produced in Northern Ireland, think this was the period when cars where in their hay day, and received accident damage. Some where kevlar.

i think my replica has one of these kits. With flanges turned in. Ive never seen an identical kit, just wee subtle differences.

i have a kit here bought cheap fitted but generaly new i was thinking of doing exactly as you have said so i had a couple of spare kits imenot to bad withe the fibreglass

11 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Martins kits are from the original Irmscher moulds, I think he bought the presses etc. for them. Not sure on his Ascona 400 ones?

23 minutes ago, robah said:

Martins kits are from the original Irmscher moulds, I think he bought the presses etc. for them. Not sure on his Ascona 400 ones?

Yeh, arent moulds made from an original kit, therefore you could essentially make a mould of anything? Not sure what you mean by presses, are there two sides of these moulds, if so it can still be done.

The original mould would have been created from a clay mockup. 

52 minutes ago, robah said:

I was under the impression that some one else bought the so called original moulds from germany. Rallytech mould is also from a genuine 400 kit. 

i once had the fibre glass moulds for a xxx pac ford capri full body kit you would lay up the glass fibre inside the wing panel/mould ect with a release agent  was easy to do tbh alas they council lockup i had got broken into and they vandalised/smashed them

Edited by stumpy

• 1 year later...