Colour change vote...

Eamonnmanta

Hey everyone. Just looking for a few opinions.

So it's an 88 get exclusive coupe in Monaco blue. Getting stuck into the bodywork in the next few weeks, few bits of welding that need doing and then going for a fresh coat of paint. 

Can't decide wether to paintvir monaco blue again and keep it fully original or to change it to another shade of blue, just something a bit more poppy and fresh. It's a very original car at the moment with no mods at all apart from a set of lowering springs and shocks I put in myself.

All opinions considered on what to do.. just wondering what the general opinions would be. 

Thanks lads

How much do you have to spend?

Remember that a complete colour change will involve much more labour as the under bonnet, boot and door shuts etc need to be done too.

Enjoy it, whatever you decide to do.

Try and keep it Monaco Blue but make sure it's the correct Opel Monaco Blue as there are a few different shades from different manufactures.

Like they say it's your car do what you like and which will make you happier.

I have mine in Monaco Blue as you don't see many 400R's in Blue, but I am not sure it is the correct Monaco Blue? I left it with the body shop to do, a good few years back now.

1 hour ago, robah said:

but make sure it's the correct Opel Monaco Blue as there are a few different shades from different manufactures.

I believe even Opel/Vauxhall had various different shades of Monaco Blue available. You should be able to get it colour matched.

At the end of the day if the whole car is repainted in the same shade it will look good. 

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 19:16, Monaco Blue said:

I believe even Opel/Vauxhall had various different shades of Monaco Blue available. You should be able to get it colour matched.

At the end of the day if the whole car is repainted in the same shade it will look good. 

I had read that somewhere, maybe on here? but I couldn't be sure and a quick look on a search engine not google :ph34r: and it came up with other manufactures Monaco Blue. 

When I get my bodykit sorted out it will have to match the Monaco Blue I have already got it painted in as the whole car is still in decent nick colour wise, nothing a good spit and polish can't sort out.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Eamonn :P:thumbup

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robah said:

I had read that somewhere, maybe on here? but I couldn't be sure and a quick look on a search engine not google :ph34r: and it came up with other manufactures Monaco Blue. 

When I get my bodykit sorted out it will have to match the Monaco Blue I have already got it painted in as the whole car is still in decent nick colour wise, nothing a good spit and polish can't sort out.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Eamonn :P:thumbup

yes there is a few shades of Monaco Blue Danny;s car is a totally different shade than mine think he his a expert on the shades and could tell you more 

hope you get your car sorted soon mate 

• Like 1

That's very interesting. I'll have to look around at the shades. To just keep it a version of the monaco blue would be ideal. The shade in mine just seems so dull but it is 30 years old too so that's to be expected..

Thanks for the replies lads