Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Danny D114BCW

Manta GTE (15 years on) - now 16 years on

Recommended Posts

All new brake components from front to back are now ordered and should be getting collected this week. 
 

front axle is now built up and competed. The rear Axle is well in its way. Then it’s strip the engine to a block. Paint and put all the nice new stuff on it. 

 

 

 

 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like to see the the subframes all painted and fresh, looks great, you’ll just need to keep them like this once they are on the car, should be easier to keep now they are in this condition.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mike. said:

I like to see the the subframes all painted and fresh, looks great, you’ll just need to keep them like this once they are on the car, should be easier to keep now they are in this condition.

I did all this in 2006/7. They just naturally age and get tatty

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny once your all up and running and car is fully built, i jacked the car up and dipped a rag in cheap of cheap halfords oil, run it over all subframes. It saves the paint really well. After a few yrs wipe of with rag and some petrol, and go again. More oil. 

Warning. Wear old clothes, that can be binned as you get distroyed, also layed a old tarpolin down. 

Great work by the way, keep er lit! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Danny once your all up and running and car is fully built, i jacked the car up and dipped a rag in cheap of cheap halfords oil, run it over all subframes. It saves the paint really well. After a few yrs wipe of with rag and some petrol, and go again. More oil. 

Warning. Wear old clothes, that can be binned as you get distroyed, also layed a old tarpolin down. 

Great work by the way, keep er lit! 

Cheers for that. Yeh it’s been hard work especially to get inspired. The closer it gets the less likely I am to sell it.

the problem is it’s been parked up for that long I have kinda fell out of love with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's going to look great when it's finished all the effort that has gone in, it's going to look totally mint! I can only imagine the buzz I'll get driving mine when it's done, you are much closer than me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

It's going to look great when it's finished all the effort that has gone in, it's going to look totally mint! I can only imagine the buzz I'll get driving mine when it's done, you are much closer than me.

It is still a good way off yet and there's a lot of hours left in it. I think once i have the brakes and the engine done i will feel better and more inspired. Then it will be on with helping with the welding and prep work of the under side.

I will then put all new copper fuel lines on (again - did these in 2004) along with a new fuel pump etc and lower the car onto the running gear, once it is running it will be off to get  a new headlining. After that! it get any paintwork done it needs, mint doors fitted and painted and get the wheel refurbished shod with new Toyo rubber. 

 

Of course this is all in an ideal world! here't hoping anyway!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Herman put me onto this, but pvc covered copper is what you want for the fuel lines.

Used in micro bore heating, 8 & 10mm

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Herman put me onto this, but pvc covered copper is what you want for the fuel lines.

Used in micro bore heating, 8 & 10mm

Yeh I already have them on. Did them 16 years ago but one got damaged on the body turner so going to redo the lot 👍🏼

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual something goes wrong (I think some of the issue was my  impatience) anyway a bit of the timing cover has broken off whilst getting the bolts out. 
luckily I had a random spare casing, so new gaskets and stuff ordered and it’s another job I didn’t plan for. 
 

These cars don’t half test me. Is there a cure for this Manta bug illness? 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those speaker casings were definitely made to house 6x9’s  Opel missed a trick there 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mike. said:

Those speaker casings were definitely made to house 6x9’s  Opel missed a trick there 👍

Probably last minute design change (cost cutting)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mike. said:

Those speaker casings were definitely made to house 6x9’s  Opel missed a trick there 👍

These are 6 X 4's the original ones we falling to bits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...