PICS on, NEARLY DONE! - Manta GTE (15 years on) - now 18 years on.

Danny D114BCW

4 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Careful with that profile as you should be going 205/50/15 to keep within the same diameter and circumference to oem 14" size. Unless your trying to fill the arches a little more.

I prefer a higher side wall as it soaks up the utter shit hole of roads we have and protects my back from complete destruction. Every little helps! Plus the arches are better filled than empty. Hehe

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jamie077366 said:

Not the best tyre in the world but good for the price, have them on wife’s golf....

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

They have been unavailable for a long time. Maybe stocks are starting to come in. Too late now got some new Ronals 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Which wheels have you gone for? I saw the photo of the boxes and am curious. 

All will be revealed haha, if the sodding thing is ever done! got e few bits to put on to try and make it a bit different (but not too far from original/standard)

• Like 4

More stuff has landed today. When will I be able to throw it on 🙏🏼

Reg plates made after finally finding who sold it from new and also bought some sound proofing as I binned the original stuff about 14 years ago. Expensive but what’s new when building these things?!

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

Where did you get the sound proofing @Danny D114BCW? Is that for the front foot wells?

Yeh to replace the standard sponge.

Got it off eBay. 20mm water proof self adhesive too. £60 but I think I have too much. Would like to fit it but still no car 😩

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

No Updates Dan? 😀

Nah nothing done. Left it 😂

only kidding, WE/YOU/ALL have been busy beavering away. Pictures to come soon but safe to say it will be driving this weekend. Doors on and off for mot 

• Like 7

Well it’s a bit doorless at the moment (don’t ask - body shop) 

its basically 98% done! Final pictures pending 

Just now, Danny D114BCW said:

Well it’s a bit doorless at the moment (don’t ask - body shop) 

its basically 98% done! Final pictures pending 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • Danny D114BCW changed the title to PICS on, NEARLY DONE! - Manta GTE (15 years on) - now 18 years on.