PICS on, NEARLY DONE! - Manta GTE (15 years on) - now 18 years on.

Danny D114BCW

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2018 at 16:49, Danny D114BCW said:

Owned this since 2002 so nearly 20 years, Wow!

So the last time this car was stripped and welded was back in 2003/04. It’s seen a lot of action and miles all flat out and driven very hard. 

Life got in the way and I was going to sell up. I decided to stick it in a garage and leave it. I used it without a care in the world for a further two years and put it in a garage as it wouldn’t pass an MOT with the state of the chassis leg on the drivers side, it’s sat untouched since then for three years under a cover.

So since then I moved back from Spain, bought my new home and got engaged it’s now the right time to get D114 BCW on the road and showing it the love I showed it 15 years ago when I bought it.

Plans are replace the chassis legs, jacking points and wheel well (even if parts are solid there’re being replaced) the boot floor where it meets the back panel looks crusty too - basically all the bits I never did 15 years ago (I was only 15) 😬

i am going to put new doors on it and get a new headlining made for it as this non sunroof one back in the day was a hard find but it’s bloody horrible. And just do bits that annoy me.

next couple of year I want an LSD and toying with the idea of englemanns 🤔 don’t know yet. 

Here todays progress, 1 man - 6 hours 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

That's a busy 6 hours, well done. 

• Like 1