Ebay: 73L 2.2L Manta A for sale. £9K

I must apologise here if I upset anyone but that car has lost a lot of what makes it appeal by those modifications. It is horses for courses and everyone has a right to visualise and realise a project to ones own specification. However, there is something in the simplicity of the A series in standard form that melts you every time.

18 minutes ago, Mickfrad said:

Wasn't sure whether it would fall into the m.o.t exemption category as stated with the engine swop.

Bit of a grey area when it comes to modifications.

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/news/government-clarifies-position-mot-exemption-modified-classics

" alternative cubic capacities of the same basic engine and alternative original equipment engines are not considered a substantial change"  so in this case it's not substantially modified.

Edited by 1900SR
  • Like 1

And why would anyone want mot exemption anyway. 

Sure we all know our cars are perfectly alright and maintained to a high standard but try proving that to an insurance company in the event of a claim. 

Responsible owners who cherish and maintain their cars well will know their cars inside out I agree but there will be many an owner who is not as clued up on the full condition of the car (possibly even some who don’t care anyway as it’s one less thing to worry about)

i can only imagine that this mot exemption has come about because the powers that be don’t want old cars on the road full stop.when a badly maintained and badly corroded car causes a major incident or two it will just be an excuse to ban all old cars like China did.i will personally continue to have mine moted every year regardless and know of many other classic owners who plan on doing the same.

• Like 3

The black compliments the lines of the manta A  really well,....the 2.2 cih  is an attractive upgrade for me over whatever the size cih was originally,,,especially with the megasquirt on it..with the addition of the 5 speed box aswell...along with the better brakes suspension exhaust its good to go...happy days..B)....I would just recover the recaro's to match the original bench rear seats to give a nice authentic period look....GLWTS ..Shug:thumbup

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, evo3000 said:

The black compliments the lines of the manta A  really well,....the 2.2 cih  is an attractive upgrade for me over whatever the size cih was originally,,,especially with the megasquirt on it..with the addition of the 5 speed box aswell...along with the better brakes suspension exhaust its good to go...happy days..B)....I would just recover the recaro's to match the original bench rear seats to give a nice authentic period look....GLWTS ..Shug:thumbup

Agreed all round!

We as a club have been with this project in the up's and down's the present owner has been through, to get his labour of love road worthy and looking this good. 

GLWTS Shug and Brightest Future to your next instalments in life.

• Like 1