Manta B Hatch project - Rear Valance needed

H4WBE

2 hours ago, MANTAMAN said:

The clue is in the thread title, Terry..... !!!!!

If you could find it again H4WBE would appreciate a link.

Sorry looking without seeing if that makes any sense :huh:

2 hours ago, 1900SR said:

Cheers :thumbup

Lol, nice banter guys! :)

Id seen that panel but only need the lower valance.  Maybe you can't get these and the whole rear panel will have to be replaced or cut the lower half off it. 

Thanks guys. 

Depending on the extent of the rot you can make any rear valance fit. I replaced my hatch one many years ago with a saloon one. Sure it needs the end lips removing and an exhaust curve adding but it wasnt any great hassle to do. Obviously better and easier to find a correct one if you can but panels are getting harder to get .

18 minutes ago, cam.in.head said:

Depending on the extent of the rot you can make any rear valance fit. I replaced my hatch one many years ago with a saloon one. Sure it needs the end lips removing and an exhaust curve adding but it wasnt any great hassle to do. Obviously better and easier to find a correct one if you can but panels are getting harder to get .

That's what I'm going to do. They are slightly shorter but depends how much of the original you need to cut out.

It worked for me .

also a few years back when front wings were getting hard to get i made a cav wing from an ascona one . Obviously different at the front but i seem to remember a difference somehow in the sharpness of the wheelarch lip/fold ? Maybee one was a pattern but i think thry were both gm.

sorry if this is "off topic"