Old (pref suspect or damaged) Injection Loom

The General

Hi there. It might seem like a strange request, but I would like to get hold of a old GT/E "L or LE" injection loom that is either suspect or completely baked and hard as I am looking to do a project over the winter to rewire one. This could be a benefit to members as I am looking to do a article for the mag on how to do it and protect it from future damage!

If you have one that has damaged connectors (apart from the ECU connector that must be A-OK), please get in touch as this still might be of use. I'm willing to pay about £10  - £15 + £5 postage for one that's suspect or baked so if you have one and its gathering dust then please get in touch and also let me know. Also the rubber bulkhead bung MUST be present.

Cheers

Bill

• Like 1

Think i remember an article before, it covered the whole loom maybe, it was all nypd, nails on an board, with wires looped, loojed tricky.

Oh have a loom but its my only one, are you looking to disect it, destroy it, or replace it with a spanky new one! 

Looking for one to rebuild with new wire and proper modern heat shielding, then use it to replace mine. I've never taken one apart so I don't know what I'm facing hence why I would rather have a suspect or known faulty one. I'm certain I can do it, but best have one that's knackered to start with.

There is nothing wrong with mine it works fine but the wires are getting a bit stiff and the useless black plastic shielding is split so it's more of a prevention measure to rebuild one.

I did this very project years ago, not long after I bought my car. At the time I was able to get new connectors and crimps for every part of the loom, except the 3-pin connector for the throttle switch. New ECU plugs were even available, although that was probably 7 or 8 years ago. I might have some photos somewhere, I can try and dig them up if they might be of use to you?

Doing the job wasn't so bad, I made up a pegboard on a stiff cardboard sheet, and laid it out that way. I was also lucky because I have access to the correct crimping tools in work.

Me too, I have rebuilt a few over the years.  I modified the ones I did to have more wire in places I know its tight and less in places its slack.

Having a spare loom lets you work this out.  The connectors are all pretty easy to find, if you cant find them the internal metal connectors are all a standard design and can be replaced.

A good multi tool is needed for removing the terminals !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-18X-Terminal-Removal-Tool-Car-Auto-Electrical-Wiring-Connector-Pin-Extractor/123412750522?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3D238b29d76fb147989ed6e2b1673f114c%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D202467674013%26itm%3D123412750522&_trksid=p2385738.c100677.m4598

Edited by paulmanta

Might be a good idea Pete. I want to upgrade the insulation to a silicone fibreglass with silicone tape to bond it together. Edelshmiede look to only do a stock replacement and that's not good enough for that sort of money. These were working class sports cars and now have got the "classic" badge which ups the price to megabucks.