Rust help.

MantaRay400

I have a manta b coupe that seems to have had a death wish with rust. I've got most of the rust on it of the boot, but I've got a patch that I think I need see advice with. There's a large amount of rust on the inner A post and going into the drivers footwell (pictures attached). I was wondering if there's a better way of repairing Tring it than patching it up with self-made repair pannels. If there's anyone one with a better idea, please share. Thanks Luke.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HGnEVa9RKYKyuWBf6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iiukfMciiukfMcATbaTK1vF7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iiukfMcATbaTK1vF7

You will need to make up repair sections, have a look through the Projects thread and you will find lots of posts regarding the repair of this area.

I notice you are in Warwickshire, whereabouts? , I'm over in Coventry if you're ever passing.

I used them on both sides too and as you say bris jas a good fit, in my opinion worth the spend, looks great when fitted, you are also able to reinstate the original lip edge on the inner arch, and eliminates loads of patches.

11 hours ago, Mike. said:

That A post sections are available to order from Retropower, they press them to order, hope this helps.

13D71558-DEDE-4995-8DA8-2F6DC66D0CFB.thumb.png.368a142e7e1c6cc8a7bb7bc65e84177a.png

Thanks, this looks perfect. I'll shoot them a message now.

20 hours ago, mantaray said:

You will need to make up repair sections, have a look through the Projects thread and you will find lots of posts regarding the repair of this area.

I notice you are in Warwickshire, whereabouts? , I'm over in Coventry if you're ever passing.

I'm from just south of Leamington, a village called wellesbourne. Would be nice to meet up.

18 hours ago, MantaRay400 said:

I'm from just south of Leamington, a village called wellesbourne. Would be nice to meet up.

Know Wellesbourne pretty well, the market anyway. :)

There are 3 members over in Lighthorne Heath, I'm in Coventry and then there are a few further afield, Daventry, Northampton, Pershore.

We meet up for a Pub meal once a month, on the 3rd Friday, at the Race House in Leamington.  No meeting in December, but should be back running in January.

• Thanks 1

On 25/11/2018 at 20:15, MantaRay400 said:

I was wondering if there's a better way of repairing Tring it than patching it up with self-made repair pannels. If there's anyone one with a better idea, please share.

Afraid not, and consider if you think there are 5 areas, there will be ten, if you think it could take a week, it will take take weeks. Expect the unexpected. 

Or look up car repair horror stories! Old newspaper, tin foil, chicken wire, biscuit tins, super glue, fiberglass, 

Seen a video of a nissan 200sx, not a cheap car! Pop rivoted chassis legs failed on speed bump, one word, death trap. 

Buy yourself a welder! Great for heating up the shed too!