A series electric window solutions

novaman

So, looking at modernising my a series with electric windows, are there any proven solutions?

Trying not to reinvent the wheel if I don’t have to.

On initial inspection a vauxhall nova arm may work...

A great help would be great.

F047D738-1122-4E6A-9312-533B57A0B05B.png

67BCA398-5EF3-4580-90E3-87681A24653D.png

• Like 1

Not seen an A with electric windows, not sure if any of the German guys have done it. Might be worth a bit of googleing to see if they have any info or you could try signing up to the US GT site and see if they have anyone that has done it.

https://www.opelgt.com/

Think i have a spare A window winder if you wanted one to test on without having to pull yours apart?

Andy

Nova one won’t work Matt. 

A series only has runners in the door so the single arm won’t balance it as it rises. 

Chris’s A used a universal key that replaces the winder handle basically, I’m sure he said it was an arse to fit though. I’m sure it’s in his build thread 

28962285-9F79-471B-8CB3-BBD0AE0A4340.png

1 hour ago, 611 said:

Not seen an A with electric windows, not sure if any of the German guys have done it. Might be worth a bit of googleing to see if they have any info or you could try signing up to the US GT site and see if they have anyone that has done it.

https://www.opelgt.com/

Think i have a spare A window winder if you wanted one to test on without having to pull yours apart?

Andy

Cheers Andy, thank you for the offer.

ill take a look at Chris’s thread and see what’s gone on there as a first stop.

No problem. If you do think it will help you out let me know and i will dig it out of the loft and see whats its like.

Keep us posted on the progress as it will be interesting to see how you get on.

Andy

Also interested in this.

From what I remember, someone once had some luck with mid 90s Honda civic regulators. Although I could be remembering wrong.

I thing one of the problems with those universal kits is they still use the mechanical regulator, so if you've got any slop, that's not so great. They are also a bit slow from what I've seen.

And, as far as I know, can't do any auto down/up. I would really want auto down, personally