Sign in to follow this  
H-400

New swan neck

Some work has done at the workshop, must take some pics of it.

At home I cleaned up the front axle, degreasing and used rust converter before painting with hammerite:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Some nice things arrived from Germany, thanks @ Thomas from Edelschmiede:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

First I wanted to clean up the bolts and let them passivate them, but later I noticed the whole set was cheaper to buy 

then passivate the old stuff and transport it to the firm, buy new self-locking nuts and so on...

Sometimes the easy way is cheaper.

Noticed this on the upper wishbones, never too old to learn:

Usually I check the rubber bushes to check what side the wishbone fits, but with cleaning I saw R and L.

Wanted to share this.

Grts, Herman

1 hour ago, H-400 said:

Some work has done at the workshop, must take some pics of it.

At home I cleaned up the front axle, degreasing and used rust converter before painting with hammerite:

Some nice things arrived from Germany, thanks @ Thomas from Edelschmiede:

First I wanted to clean up the bolts and let them passivate them, but later I noticed the whole set was cheaper to buy 

then passivate the old stuff and transport it to the firm, buy new self-locking nuts and so on...

Sometimes the easy way is cheaper.

Noticed this on the upper wishbones, never too old to learn:

Usually I check the rubber bushes to check what side the wishbone fits, but with cleaning I saw R and L.

Wanted to share this.

Grts, Herman

Can that be standard with the L and R?

I have a brand new set of upper wishbones bought a long time ago from billing and they aren't marked L or R

Hi Snowy, never seen this before so thats why I posted it. And it is also the first time I cleaned those wishbones that firm.

But if you look at the wishbones you can see there are some parts out of the centre, but to be sure I wil have a look at it 

tomorrow and take some pics of them. 

The other wishbone had also a "L" stamped in it, can always check it on my other Manta...

Will keep you posted.

• Like 1

Nice work !  regarding the L and R stamp, some have it some don't, more do than don't if my collection is anything to go by.

The wishbone left is the left side of the car, ofcourse the right one belongs on the right side of the car,

the brackets of the shocks are out of the centre. To make it us easy, if you look at the wishbone and the bracket is 

more to the right side of the wishbone it is the right-side upper wishbone.

• Thanks 1