Manta B Irmscher Sebring Exhaust

Dom400

14 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Is that the standard GM that came on a exclusive coupe, oval shaped tail piece?

This is the one I’m looking for, was rare back in the day. This would finish the i200 off perfectly if I can find a good one. 

0E3B08D7-F399-4937-977E-2FEFFD2C659B.png

• 2 months later...

Ah, come on, its not star dust........ how about getting it measured, and getting it remade in stainless, its only metal after all...... have a local exhaust company that can make any size, any spec, to suit anything! 

Lets face it, if you do find one, its over thirty years old. 

On 18/02/2019 at 11:41, Irmscher Man said:

Rare as rocking horse poo.....best place to look is German eBay, and they don't appear on there very often Im afraid.

I did pick one up last year but had to pay £250 for it. Nice though.... :-)

IMG_3414.JPG

I know mate, I was first to respond but couldn’t get cash over as I was on holiday! Gutted, but found one for an Astra which I will modify for £80! 

Was hoping to find a twin system for the commodore with those tips but even rarer than rockin horse poo! 

That's the problem with parts like this. They are few and far between and lots of people willing to pay top dollar now for those rarer bits. I have been on the look out for a replacement Irmscher Back box for my i200 for (quite literally) over 25 years, that is how rare they are. I managed to pick up a BNIB Irmscher Twin tailpipe rear box a few years ago but I really wanted the original single pipe one for my car. As Evo03 said, you could get one made to exactly the same spec for half the price but without that Irmscher end cap, it is just another aftermarket exhaust.....you may as well buy a Jetex as they are very similar. 

Getting the tail pipe section from any Irmscher system and having the Coupe box made up is exactly what I was going to do until Carl found this unused one.

• Like 1