CIH Bottom end wanted

Hi

Has anyone got a very cheap CIH bottom end they want to sell?

Preferably bare. Not fussed on condition or size as long as its a CIH.

Just need it to help with mocking stuff up on the old A series project while i finish off the proper engine.

Thanks

Andy

Sounds interesting. What do you recon delivery to Bournemouth would be for it?

Do you know if it would run? Might be worth me using that to get the car up and running, do a bit of a shakedown and then drop the 2.4 in when finished.

As the whole project has been slowed down while i build the engine and sort the steering.

Andy

Edited by 611

Hmm, its about £50 for a pallet.

My initial thought was if i could just get the bottom end to test out the new steering setup without having the hassle of using mine. But for £100 i could probably get a cheap engine hoist and then it would be easy to try with mine. If it was one i could drop in and run then i could use it as a temporary engine, but if i have to get it working i might as well spend the time on mine as otherwise i feel i could get side tracked getting that one up and running!!

I have the steering all sorted and just need to lower the bottom end in to check clearance on it. Years ago i could have just called someone up local that had a manta as they would have had an old engine lying around :-) A little bit harder to find these days. I even scrapped a few as they were in the way when i moved a few years ago!!

Let me have a think on it.

Andy

IMG_20181216_1215366.jpg

• 4 weeks later...