Front spoiler corner/end mount fix

IanMc

Has anyone come up with a solution for sheared corner/end fixings on the front spoiler of a Mk1 Cav

Pi82CUS.jpg

When I got the car it had a self tapper on one side to the wing and the other side sheared as I was removing it  :rolleyes:

I was thinking of plastic number plate screws and nuts, but I would prefer to have hidden fixings if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Some swear by their chosen glue type. Such as sikaflex,tiger,gorilla etc.

i did mine by dilling and countersinking a flat headed bolt into it .with a couple of sides ground off ,to prevent rotation,held with jb weld. Filled over to hide. 

Or

If you are carefull you also might be able to quickly weld/ cool  a bolt onto whats left. Just make sure nuts are then well oiled up for the future .and dont overtighten.

Following the suggestions given, I might have solved this small problem.

I managed to tack a bolt to each of the sheared studs on the spoiler parts. Wishing to support the plastic as well, I surrounded the area and went up the tack join ads well with 2-part Gorilla glue. This is an epoxy glue and should be nice and strong.

9uw30xP.jpg

Lets see what its like when its all dry... Naturally I will cut off the bolt heads, then two nuts on each side and lock them together to stop them vibrating off again.

Many thanks again for the suggestions lads.

• Like 1