On the road again

Shaun400r

Last mot was around 2 years ago amazing how time flys by       Quick fluid check mini service checked the brakes whipped it to local testing station passed with no advisory’s 👍👍 finally got my genuine engelman mirrors and irmsher twins also changed bonnet never felt comfortable with the old 1 with the bonnet catches so put 1 with a metal frame so I could have a proper catch ( still needs a little adjustment and the sticker replacing same with the front air dam will sort that next weekend totally forgot the smiles per gallon 😃

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 13

Not sure it was on a coupe I bought few years back from off here belonged to a guy called oldwheels it’s a fibreglass cover on a metal frame from a bonnet he took the skin off I never noticed the position of the vents 😯

Your radiator vents are probably more benefit than most, idea was to force air in front and for bonnet vents to let hot rad air out, its questionable, think the other vents where to provide clearance to top shock mounts and air feeds for carbs. Lower spoiler vents where flexi pipe directed to brakes. 

Fiberglass on metal frame is a nice good idea! Full fiberglass aint good at high speed. 

• Like 1

@Shaun: Great looking car, enjoy it!

Those vents look normal, look at this pic:

I had to make a "home-made" bonnet cause the Belgian MOT wants a "CE" marking in fiber bonnets. My vents are more back because the standart frame

is under the skin and are more optical less cooling : (old pic)

About the other vets: As Evo wrote there main reason is to provide the clearance to the Gp B shocks, look at this pic: (try to zoom in)

You can see the top of the shock mounts in the vents.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure it was on a coupe I bought few years back from off here belonged to a guy called oldwheels it’s a fibreglass cover on a metal frame from a bonnet he took the skin off I never noticed the position of the vents 😯

On 07/03/2019 at 19:20, H-400 said:

@Shaun: Great looking car, enjoy it!

Those vents look normal, look at this pic:

I had to make a "home-made" bonnet cause the Belgian MOT wants a "CE" marking in fiber bonnets. My vents are more back because the standart frame

is under the skin and are more optical less cooling : (old pic)

About the other vets: As Evo wrote there main reason is to provide the clearance to the Gp B shocks, look at this pic: (try to zoom in)

You can see the top of the shock mounts in the vents.

All look great to me 👍

Edited by Shaun400r