i200 for sale (Germany)

It is very nice, rare, complete, and original..... very loves a good beat box, would love to try a left hocker sometime, driven left hookers before, alot of fun!   Could be wrong but didnt all i200 have quad lights and larger sq water bottle? .... but hey,  thats just nit picking.

Like this alot also ! 

https://www.reezocar.com/en/voiture-occasion/opel-manta-RZCATSDE1467D2E21A62.html

On 09/03/2019 at 21:17, ®evo03 said:

Could be wrong but didnt all i200 have quad lights and larger sq water bottle? 

In some European countries it was a requirement for cars to have a headlamp washer system, so the square lamps were the only option. You see a lot of European i200’s with the square lamps. These would usually have the larger square washer bottle. In the UK the washer system wasn’t installed so the small round washer bottle was used instead. The twin headlamps on UK spec i200s were different to the later exclusives in that the Irmscher system has the lamps bolted into a steel cradle and the bezels are removable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Irmscher Man said:

In some European countries it was a requirement for cars to have a headlamp washer system, so the square lamps were the only option. You see a lot of European i200’s with the square lamps.

Quite correct, Irmscher Man. On taking another look at the photos, this particular i200 doesn't appear to have either washer nozzles or headlight wipers fitted. All very odd. 

Ah that clears that up, where the steel frames and bezel overs unique to i200s and 400s only? Got two sets! 

Regarding headlight wipers bmws had wiper fitted to old 3 series of similar age.

Have a set of headlight wipers from a car, could have come in through Ireland, as it was a gsi? 

Yeh, just goes to show all mantas, even exact models where not the same!

Have a gtj, manta b with inner ascona type handles , also no A pillar headcloth section, see brochure. 

GTJ1.jpg

See A pillar, eh!

Jint.jpg&key=d88c4317f5f04fea3ecf5844c725f829dc5cfd319277e542996915e99fb0e39d

• Thanks 1

Some info: All 400's came from the production line with those square headlights. Mine had original the wipers/washer set installed but 

the second owner changed the headlamps to the 4 round ones. Still have the big square water bottle and the wires/tubes in the car.

And my A-pillar has got no cloth on it, because it is a B1 I think. The B2 400's in the club have the cloth on the A-pillar. There are some more differences

between B1 and B2 400's.

• Like 2

The white rim is a remade, 3-part rim. They are some years available in Germany and this firm (Holland)sels them also,

They don't look like 3-part but also nice:

https://www.viadanny.nl/a-52327740/velgen/opel-400-velg-8jx15-et23-5x120-per-stuk-zonder-band/

The other pics look like widened, there is a firm in Germany that is allowed to do that with MOT (Tüv prufung), I've seen 

in Holland a GTE with rims like the bottom pic, looks great:

Manta_I200.jpg

I would prefer another color...

Edited by H-400
  • Like 1

It is the elbow in metal instead of rubber to the airflow meter. The car was in that workshop to repair the injection.

And yes a strut brace, useless on a Manta/Ascona. The suspension is in the front axle and not in the turrets of the shocks, 

but yes a nice optic attribute

On 13/3/2019 at 16:07, H-400 said:

And my A-pillar has got no cloth on it, because it is a B1 I think. The B2 400's in the club have the cloth on the A-pillar.

Maybe is from 1980 onwards no cloth? My project car is 81, manta b single slot, no cloth on pillars.

Maybe the B1 400 is a single slot grill. 

My other manta b 78 has go cloth on both A pillars. 

I know about differences in scuttle panel, wiper area. Single slot has two, manta 83 onwards has just one

On 13/3/2019 at 16:07, H-400 said:

There are some more differences between B1 and B2 400's.

I let a restoration company look at one of my shells manta b, as they where restoring a famous 400 rally car, they said it was too much work to reshell car, too many differences. So they have bought lots of new oe panels to repair original shell. It had a very hard life! 

I also seen photos of another famous 400 rallycar approx 1983, it was made using a manta b or cavalier shell. As there are traces of original paint all over car. The last layer of paint before metal, 

This colour! 

420x315.jpg

This is a pic of my "400" with my son behind the wheel, as you can see it is a B1 single slot:

rr3wuq.jpg

The second owner changed the looks of the car to a more B2 look, but look at this pic that the first owner send to me, the 

car looks as a G/TE with those original black bumpers:

r1j3hs.jpg

Some more differences between B1 and B2 are the ribbed doorhandles (B1) red framed taillights (B1) and ofcourse the 5-speed.

The differences between "400" B1 and B2 is ofcourse the same as the normal production Manta's, but the nice thing is that a B1 has got 

identical the same interieur of the Ascona-400. This means the old model Recaro with the round backrest and black simili leather. 

The console has got no casette-rack (but yes a Getrag 262 box) and the roof-lining and doorcards are black:

347fluw.jpg

About that famous "400": Doesn't supprise me, some builders used standard shells to build a "400".

Sometimes a "400" is total-loss during a rally, the team takes the spare "400" with the VIN of the totall-loss and 30 years 

later someone finds the totall-loss wreck and a "400" is born... Can tell you story's about that...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, H-400 said:

but look at this pic that the first owner send to me, the 

car looks as a G/TE with those original black bumpers:

r1j3hs.jpg

That's interesting! I don't think I've ever seen a photo of a 400 with the black bumpers.

Thats a first! Never even knew that, history lesson right there! 

r1j3hs.jpg&key=90d22324c7ef625e7847a528634ed0c5295cfcf2a5d9d6ecbdbcb1a44e5cd75a

Does it even have side strips? Radio ariel rear quarter? 

Herman, would you be tempted to revert it back to original, think there is q 400 b2 first production in this club, so your would have existed before this, think the last black plastic bumpers in the uk where berlinettas or b gtj. Then on to facelift manta c. 

The side-strips were glued on the car, had fun to remove them.

When I bought this "400" they gave me the original14" Ronals with it, together with the original exhaust. 

The "400" has got an Irmscher exhaust that is rather rare, the one with the oval pipe with "Irmscher" on it... Front to tail.

@Evo: Yes I thought on it to revert it back to original, would be an eye catcher on a meeting. 

Because this "400" was builded in 1981 (one of 23) I had a lot of trouble to get it on the street in Belgium.

This would be worth another topic. 

• Like 1