Hello again

msjrb5

Hi Folks,

I've been a member and forum user on and off since 2012, I previously had a wee berlinetta hatch in red which I stupidly sold in 2017. I've been looking for an excuse to get back into Manta ownership ever since and yesterday a really nice early B coupe popped up on Facebook for sale. I had a chat with the owner and took a punt on it, picking it up later this week. Will update with pictures when I get it up the road and renew my OC membership. Cheers!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, msjrb5 said:

Hi Folks,

I've been a member and forum user on and off since 2012, I previously had a wee berlinetta hatch in red which I stupidly sold in 2017. I've been looking for an excuse to get back into Manta ownership ever since and yesterday a really nice early B coupe popped up on Facebook for sale. I had a chat with the owner and took a punt on it, picking it up later this week. Will update with pictures when I get it up the road and renew my OC membership. Cheers!

Welcome back and good luck with your new car!

• Like 1

Got this home today :) Drove it 250 miles up the road, very happy.

Couple of niggles as can be expected but nothing major so far. I'll get it up on the ramp over the weekend for a proper look underneath. 

Renewed my lapsed membership too. It's great to be back! 

IMG_20190321_151838.jpg

• Like 7

12 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Looks a good decent example, far play, enjoy it, any plans for the future. Maybe a 5 speed, lowered? Period spec wheels?  Always liked these. Standard manta will take 13x8 or 9 with a narrower tyre. 

Its pretty decent thanks, will need the paint and the vinyl roof looked at in the future but for now its fine. You've hit the nail on the head for my plans lol. Lowering springs on order already and I've been looking at wheels, seen some nice 13x8 ATS classics but I will probably get the rostyles banded over winter.  This is my other old motor, love a lowered classic :D

DSC_2078 (2).JPG

• Like 2

On 25/03/2019 at 06:44, msjrb5 said:

Its pretty decent thanks, will need the paint and the vinyl roof looked at in the future but for now its fine. You've hit the nail on the head for my plans lol. Lowering springs on order already and I've been looking at wheels, seen some nice 13x8 ATS classics but I will probably get the rostyles banded over winter.  This is my other old motor, love a lowered classic :D

DSC_2078 (2).JPG

Do you still have the beige mk2?

22 hours ago, biffy1984 said:

Do you still have the beige mk2?

No mate it's been gone a few years now, had a gold 4 door ghia for a while after the beige one then got the yellow RS 3 years ago. The yellow one is a keeper.......probably

On 28/03/2019 at 20:25, ®evo03 said:

Yeh, not into 4x4s, ha! All classics need is dropped and wider wheels. Also thought mantas with standard wheels are E type ish, wheel spread is too narrow. 

Love this look, 

5896914933_b533a5ae95_b.jpg

That is stunning. Definitely the direction I'll be going.  

Really liking this too. 

34692d57fcc818e2ea3da58fe5b25ab2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi. RS 2000 looks smart. Not seen those RS steels banded before either but they suit it. If you wanted some unusual Manta 13s to get banded I've got a mint set of 5 German spec Manta GT/E steels that would be ideal for that. They are only fitted to foreign B GT/Es between 75 and 79 so are mega rare. They are similar to Rostyles but are 6" wide as standard. There's 5 mint chrome centre caps with them too. I've fitted 15s to mine so might as well sell them on. I'll probably bring them to VBOA. There's a matching set of decent 185 70 13s on them too but 185 60s would look better on them. I'd been saving them for a Kadett build in the future but can't see that happening now unless the car suddenly comes cheap. These wheels were all powder coated a couple of years ago so still look bright.

Luke.