Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
msjrb5

Hello again

Recommended Posts

Hi Folks,

I've been a member and forum user on and off since 2012, I previously had a wee berlinetta hatch in red which I stupidly sold in 2017. I've been looking for an excuse to get back into Manta ownership ever since and yesterday a really nice early B coupe popped up on Facebook for sale. I had a chat with the owner and took a punt on it, picking it up later this week. Will update with pictures when I get it up the road and renew my OC membership. Cheers!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, msjrb5 said:

Hi Folks,

I've been a member and forum user on and off since 2012, I previously had a wee berlinetta hatch in red which I stupidly sold in 2017. I've been looking for an excuse to get back into Manta ownership ever since and yesterday a really nice early B coupe popped up on Facebook for sale. I had a chat with the owner and took a punt on it, picking it up later this week. Will update with pictures when I get it up the road and renew my OC membership. Cheers!

Welcome back and good luck with your new car!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back, great find.

back in the 80’s there were two early mantas in Peterhead that I remember, one an orange hatch and the other an orange coupe, both looked the business.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this home today :) Drove it 250 miles up the road, very happy.

Couple of niggles as can be expected but nothing major so far. I'll get it up on the ramp over the weekend for a proper look underneath. 

Renewed my lapsed membership too. It's great to be back! 

IMG_20190321_151838.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good, always wanted a ginger Manta to match my hair 😁 More pictures please when you get chance, still missing NAD 357P.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done, looks like a good buy and welcome back to the club!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back,l have been on and off myself,fist joined in 1996 .Manta 2.0 GTE    D611 TDM in red would like to have it back 

l am now looking for a manta myself,but in no hurry.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks a good decent example, far play, enjoy it, any plans for the future. Maybe a 5 speed, lowered? Period spec wheels?  Always liked these. Standard manta will take 13x8 or 9 with a narrower tyre. 

attachment.php?attachmentid=64441&d=1373293193&thumb=1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Looks a good decent example, far play, enjoy it, any plans for the future. Maybe a 5 speed, lowered? Period spec wheels?  Always liked these. Standard manta will take 13x8 or 9 with a narrower tyre. 

 

Its pretty decent thanks, will need the paint and the vinyl roof looked at in the future but for now its fine. You've hit the nail on the head for my plans lol. Lowering springs on order already and I've been looking at wheels, seen some nice 13x8 ATS classics but I will probably get the rostyles banded over winter.  This is my other old motor, love a lowered classic :D

DSC_2078 (2).JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great looking early B series. Love the headlights on these, with the trim rings round them. Got a set of them to go on my 76 B when its nearer completion. 😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeh, not into 4x4s, ha! All classics need is dropped and wider wheels. Also thought mantas with standard wheels are E type ish, wheel spread is too narrow. 

Love this look, 

bohnhorst2k4_051.JPG

5896914933_b533a5ae95_b.jpg

Edited by ®evo03
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/03/2019 at 06:44, msjrb5 said:

Its pretty decent thanks, will need the paint and the vinyl roof looked at in the future but for now its fine. You've hit the nail on the head for my plans lol. Lowering springs on order already and I've been looking at wheels, seen some nice 13x8 ATS classics but I will probably get the rostyles banded over winter.  This is my other old motor, love a lowered classic :D

DSC_2078 (2).JPG

Do you still have the beige mk2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, biffy1984 said:

Do you still have the beige mk2?

No mate it's been gone a few years now, had a gold 4 door ghia for a while after the beige one then got the yellow RS 3 years ago. The yellow one is a keeper.......probably

On 28/03/2019 at 20:25, ®evo03 said:

Yeh, not into 4x4s, ha! All classics need is dropped and wider wheels. Also thought mantas with standard wheels are E type ish, wheel spread is too narrow. 

Love this look, 

 

5896914933_b533a5ae95_b.jpg

That is stunning. Definitely the direction I'll be going.  

Really liking this too. 

34692d57fcc818e2ea3da58fe5b25ab2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wheels look spot on for the Manta, real tidy, I also like the chrome strip on the doors 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the welcome Norman, I'm not sure who the previous owners are, I've spoken to a lad on facebook who restored it a few years back, that might be the same guy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. RS 2000 looks smart. Not seen those RS steels banded before either but they suit it. If you wanted some unusual Manta 13s to get banded I've got a mint set of 5 German spec Manta GT/E steels that would be ideal for that. They are only fitted to foreign B GT/Es between 75 and 79 so are mega rare. They are similar to Rostyles but are 6" wide as standard. There's 5 mint chrome centre caps with them too. I've fitted 15s to mine so might as well sell them on. I'll probably bring them to VBOA. There's a matching set of decent 185 70 13s on them too but 185 60s would look better on them. I'd been saving them for a Kadett build in the future but can't see that happening now unless the car suddenly comes cheap. These wheels were all powder coated a couple of years ago so still look bright.

Luke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...