Sign in to follow this  
Sutty2006

B series brake disks and pads

Need a set of B series brake disks and front pads new, or NOS. Anyone know where I can get them from or a supplier?

Eurocarparts have a 50% discount code running on brakes until midnight tonight. They do list the Manta, so you might get lucky.

I hope that helps.

My local Euro Car parts had nothing at all, I tried giving them numbers that I know are good but not a bean.

Are the discs and pads the same on a 2.0 Carlton? - if so they are listed.

Listed and actually available are two different things though.

I stand to be corrected but I get very little from any of the big suppliers now, its always "nls" or a flat "no way".

There is also a mountain of them on EBay.

12 hours ago, IanMc said:

There is also a mountain of them on EBay.

Oh, yes, getting them is no problem but just not from the more traditional suppliers.

In Belgium still available, from Bosch and Brembo.

Partnr. Bosch: 0 986 478 082

Brembo: 08.2953.20

Maybe this info  can help you.

I dont trust buying brakes from eBay, bought some years ago for me dads old Audi A4 and they were epically wrong.... cost too much to post back etc etc. Might have sourced disks, just need pads.

Carlton bolt on, but the calipers are bigger. Ive got a pair of brand new carlton 2.2 disks but finding a set of working calipers will be a lot harder

Drop me a message tomorrow Sutty, we bought up some old stock in work a couple of years ago and I'm pretty sure we still have a few sets in stock. 

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:34, Sutty2006 said:

I dont trust buying brakes from eBay, bought some years ago for me dads old Audi A4 and they were epically wrong.... cost too much to post back etc etc. Might have sourced disks, just need pads.

Carlton bolt on, but the calipers are bigger. Ive got a pair of brand new carlton 2.2 disks but finding a set of working calipers will be a lot harder

the calipers are identical, you need to add spacers  between the cast pad holder that bolts to the caliper to allow for the vented discs.

• Like 1

Got a few sets of these if interested

90443902.jpg

On 01/04/2019 at 20:27, andyc said:

Got a few sets of these if interested

90443902.jpg

Nice one. Do the fitting kits come seperate? Not sure how good the pins and retainers are. My other manta has always had different calipers.

Pads only i'm afraid 

OK andy I'll have a set anyway. I think the retaining kit in the calipers are ok, had a look last night. Can reuse them if nothing else.

Got disks and fitting kits just need pads now should have some coming soon. Do need brake hoses though but can get them made locally if there aren’t any around 

Sign in to follow this