Berlinetta trim clips

paulmanta

Hi, I am after a bag full of good used or new trim clips to fit the big black rubbing strips back on the sides of this 1800 Berlinetta hatch I am restoring, I have not removed the strips yet but experience tells me that the white plastic clips will probably break as soon as I go near them so having a load of spares is a good idea !

Its one of those parts that I thought I would never need as I have always removed the strips when I have done 1800 hatches in the past, I even remember selling the strips and bags full of clips at Billing for pence. !

This car is nice though and its originality is something I am keeping so I need to put the strips back on after I sort out the faded paint.

1 hour ago, paulmanta said:

Hi, I am after a bag full of good used or new trim clips to fit the big black rubbing strips back on the sides of this 1800 Berlinetta hatch I am restoring, I have not removed the strips yet but experience tells me that the white plastic clips will probably break as soon as I go near them so having a load of spares is a good idea !

Its one of those parts that I thought I would never need as I have always removed the strips when I have done 1800 hatches in the past, I even remember selling the strips and bags full of clips at Billing for pence. !

This car is nice though and its originality is something I am keeping so I need to put the strips back on after I sort out the faded paint.

DM me your address Paul and I will send you the ones I took off my Manta doors, before fitting them to my Cavalier.

I can recall exactly how many I have, but it’s two full doors worth lol

It will be in about 10 days though as we are away at the moment.

Hi,  Many thanks, I will contact you.

I am going to gently remove the trims tomorrow if I get 5 mins, I will know then how many I need.  I plan on using a hot air gun to warm the strips a bit, hopefully this might deter too many of the big white clips from breaking.

I cant mop the car with these sodding great strips on, I wish I could leave them alone !

On 02/04/2019 at 22:31, paulmanta said:

Hi,  Many thanks, I will contact you.

I am going to gently remove the trims tomorrow if I get 5 mins, I will know then how many I need.  I plan on using a hot air gun to warm the strips a bit, hopefully this might deter too many of the big white clips from breaking.

I cant mop the car with these sodding great strips on, I wish I could leave them alone !

I've got a full set of those rubber trims, don't know if there are any clips with them, I'll have a look later on, if there is any  you might need Paul, let me know, will only cost you postage.

Edited by Julian

• 2 weeks later...

So, finally got a chance to look at this trim clip count.

8 broke out of 28, which isn't bad, I was so careful, used a hot air blower to heat the trim and clip so they were not so brittle but 8 of them just didn't fancy going back on the car.