Ebay: Red 85C GTE Hatch for sale £5995

Its a restoration no matter how you look at it, it will need a really good clean up and if you are lucky you might get away with not painting it but it will still need a good clean and mop and plenty of other re-commissioning, engine, brakes and any rubber parts will need lots of attention.  I would not trust the brakes until I had completely rebuilt all of it from the master cyl to the pads and calipers.

The petrol tank is the Achilles heel here, its done nearly 100k, so its been used in the wet and will have mud and muck all round the tank, the little breather pipes will have been eaten away and when you remove the tank to sort out the leaks you will be into a lot of work to sort it out, that's before you get to look inside the tank.

Its a 6k car if it was done and on the road in my opinion but I am happy to be surprised,  we all want values to go up and they are getting rarer. 

• Like 4

it will make next to no difference, unless it was climate controlled for humidity and temperature.

Trailers get hot as hell and cold as ice, for 15 years. the seals on the engine might do a little while before they let go, likewise you might get a good pedal with the brakes for a bit but as soon as you get a bit of use and heat in them stuff will seize/leak and generally fail.

I am sure its a great car, I for one would be interested in it simply because its not going to be the usual amount of work to get it right. buts its still a lot of work needs doing to makes sure it is safe and reliable.

I am halfway through putting an 1800 hatch back together that was liberated from a 16 year dry barn slumber, its got 56k on it and I have it down to a bare shell to make sure its all "right" before I use it.  So far I have found dry rotted suspension bushes, seals that are hard as rock and rear wheel cylinders that are totally seized.  This is a car that was also never used in the rain and garaged its whole life.  I believe this because the petrol tank is pretty much perfect. no rust or mud anywhere.

I hope the GTE gets the six grand, it will be a happy day for Manta values !

• Like 1

The seller/trader,was probably so impressed with its bodywork and structural soundness,thought that this would be enough to sell the car alone which it is...but not for 6k  so he's probably just testing the water just to see if someone will bite on a "as is sale"

So in reality as people in the know...er, know that he will have to recommission it himself put a ticket on...oh and give it a proper clean.🤑

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this manta....its had the petrol tank flushed,new pump and filter and the paintwork has been mopped😎

Also showing extra pics of the underside....and a price drop to £4995😍