78T Cavalier 2.0GLS Coupe for sale £5000

1 hour ago, Julian said:

Is that a realistic price or am I a bit behind the times? If it is I can look at my car and add a couple of grand to that price, CHUFFED TO BITS!!!

It's a realistic price to ask but will it achieve that price ?

Yours Julian is i believe unrestored & largely original so is more desirable.

The thing that would concern me about that car for sale is that it was re-sprayed a few years ago & has some rust appearing on one wing, i would want to know what prep/resto was done before the re-spray.

Also why don't people present their car better when selling e.g. spray the airfilter box & clean the engine bay.

11390284.thumb.jpg.53760e30ff30568fed42b97af828ef07.jpg

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

It's a realistic price to ask but will it achieve that price ?

Yours Julian is i believe unrestored & largely original so is more desirable.

The thing that would concern me about that car for sale is that it was re-sprayed a few years ago & has some rust appearing on one wing, i would want to know what prep/resto was done before the re-spray.

Also why don't people present their car better when selling e.g. spray the airfilter box & clean the engine bay

All fair points. That rusting wing may just be the beginning. 

It's a December 78 car. Been MOT'd each year since 2011 with nothing much of note in the advisories with the exception of corrosion in the spare wheel well and the rear end back in 2016/2017. Presumably fixed as not mentioned since. 

I suspect the £5K price is what he would like to get, but will probably sell for £4000-4500. A fair price given it's a 2 litre Coupe. Not many still around, it's the first I can recall for sale for a while. I wouldn't say no! :-) 

• Like 1