I240r build

ANDY ABBOTT

So decided to ditch the carbs on this one as they are proving to much hastle for me, so I bought a set of jenvey 45s to replace them with. I spent a few hours tonight stripping them, scuffing them up, priming, painting, polishing and rebuilding 🙂 the car is booked in at promech custom for them to be fitted, return fuel line fitted, new pump, pressure reg, custom loom, management and mapping. Oh and I've changed the wheels since the last time I posted here, but it still needs lowering. Couple of before and after pics of the bodies 🙂

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Just now, ANDY ABBOTT said:

So decided to ditch the carbs on this one as they are proving to much hastle for me, so I bought a set of jenvey 45s to replace them with. I spent a few hours tonight stripping them, scuffing them up, priming, painting, polishing and rebuilding 🙂 the car is booked in at promech custom for them to be fitted, return fuel line fitted, new pump, pressure reg, custom loom, management and mapping. Oh and I've changed the wheels since the last time I posted here, but it still needs lowering. Also had the bash flocked but think I'll now also get the lower dash and centre console done. Couple of before and after pics of the bodies 🙂

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Now dropped in with Jodie at promech custom for various upgrades 

Jenvey 45 throttle bodies

Custom air box with direct cold air feed

Mustang injectors

Custom loom

Stand alone management 

Coil pack ignition

Rolling road setup

Dizzy removal 

Battery relocate to boot

Remote brake servo

Murtules 4 branch manifold

Cibbie spot brackets extended for better adjustment 

Steady bars on cibies

Lowering rideheight  

And lots more stuff just cant think of now lol 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

What management Andy? Omex?
deffinitely going to sing fully mapped fueling and ignition maps 😎

Not entirely sure yet mate, to be confirmed. I'm just leaving them too it, as to not confuse things. In all honesty this side of things is out of my realm 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Not entirely sure yet mate, to be confirmed. I'm just leaving them too it, as to not confuse things. In all honesty this side of things is out of my realm 

Well it's going to be interesting for sure. TBH they all as much as muchness anyway, but be nice to see something other than Omex as IMO they are a bit pricey in the market now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Ones that go into the master cylinder, to remote mount a reservoir. I guess it's a kit with elbows and new seals?

Yeah i fitted a remote res when I was running the carbs, to stop them boiling the brake fluid. My brother got it me, I cant remember what he said it was from, maybe a polo ? Fitted great though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Yeah i fitted a remote res when I was running the carbs, to stop them boiling the brake fluid. My brother got it me, I cant remember what he said it was from, maybe a polo ? Fitted great though. 

Ty Andy, could you ask him ?
Think it makes sense