I240r build

ANDY ABBOTT

• 3 months later...

Some work on the orange i240 today. 2.4 pulled out to get fully rebuilt again as after pulling the head it came to my attention that the engine builder who did the work 2 years ago has fitted the pistons in the wrong order, and I've been wondering why I couldn't get the power i shoukd from it 😖 for now I'll be dropping my freshly built XE in it well I say for now but...... 🤔Anyways Should be a hand full with this lump in 😀 also have a replacement rear axle to go under it with a ZF slippy diff in as the Quaif one currently fitted is shite 🤣 white car took home to sit next to E45 for a while until there's room back at the manta unit. Got to paint all the red bits on the engine to orange now to suit the car 🙂

Another massive thanks to jhonny Johnny Roberts at Total smart for letting me borrow the truck. Anyone around the northwest needs any paint or body work he's your Top man 👌

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

Another couple of hours in. Re routed the plug leads after purchasing the correct ones to suit my coil pack. Coil pack mounted, exhaust manifold fitted, and exhaust back fitted, heat shelid fitted, coolent pipes fitted, air flow sensor fitted, some wiring re routed and fitted, radiator tray re fitted. Just need to run new fuel lines as not happy with the current ones, waiting on correct crank sensor and coolent temp sensor then I can re route the wiring to these so it's nicely out the way where it won't get melted by the exhaust. Want to get the exhaust manifold heat wrapped so may come back off the that yet this was only for test fit. need to aquire a base map from somewhere then it should be ready to fire up. 

Few parts removed to paint orange to suit the car as the are currently red....

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD GET A BASE MAP JUST FOR THE INITIAL START UP BEFORE IT GOES OFF TO Antonio Lommano FOR DYNO SETUP/REMAP ??

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Oh, if it’s MS2 then I might be able to help mate. Let me find my files

Thanks Jess

I'm assuming I'll have to set the crank position up as its currently got the map in for the 2.4 CIH ? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Thanks Jess

I'm assuming I'll have to set the crank position up as its currently got the map in for the 2.4 CIH ? 

Need my laptop and it’s at other house. Will grab it Tomorrow and see what files I have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/05/2023 at 22:58, Jessopia74 said:

Need my laptop and it’s at other house. Will grab it Tomorrow and see what files I have. 

Got my laptop but can’t find the charger for it, have a bad feeling I left it in Taiwan 🤬 Ordered a universal off Amazon, get it powered up tomorrow (it has all my MS software on)

8 minutes ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Thanks jess. I've been advised it should fire up OK on what's in it currently once the crank sensor is triggered, but I would like to know I'm working with somthing half right ! 

Yeah, they are definitely half decent setups. I know lots of tuners slate them, but I think that’s diwn a lot to the ‘build quality’ of the board. Have you got lambda loop on this one?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Yeah, they are definitely half decent setups. I know lots of tuners slate them, but I think that’s diwn a lot to the ‘build quality’ of the board. Have you got lambda loop on this one?

Yes lambda installed with gauge also mate 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jonathan Pounsett said:

I bought an Emerald a while ago and there were numerous base maps available. Is yours completely blank?

No is was setup for the 2.4 cih I've just taken out bud. Not sure how the XE will react to it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

No is was setup for the 2.4 cih I've just taken out bud. Not sure how the XE will react to it 

Will run then, just over fuel a little. Timing is close. You might need to change crank sensor type?

After all that, nothing in my Razor laptop!! Just looking back through my thread and it was my old MSI laptop. Now I know where that is for sure - in Leeds with my Son 🤦‍♂️ He loaned it when his had to go back for warranty repairs and it just got forgotten about. 
I’ll get it at weekend, but in mean time I will have a dig about as the xe base map was sent to me anyway.

• Like 1

On 04/05/2023 at 20:35, Jessopia74 said:

Will run then, just over fuel a little. Timing is close. You might need to change crank sensor type?

After all that, nothing in my Razor laptop!! Just looking back through my thread and it was my old MSI laptop. Now I know where that is for sure - in Leeds with my Son 🤦‍♂️ He loaned it when his had to go back for warranty repairs and it just got forgotten about. 
I’ll get it at weekend, but in mean time I will have a dig about as the xe base map was sent to me anyway.

Thanks jess, I'll give it a try with the existing map once I've got the crank sensor figured out it looks like I'm going to have to re pin a new 3 core loom to the ecu and run a standard 3 pin XE crank sensor. Only need it to run so I can check for leaks and run the cams in. Then it's off to Antonio for setting up and dyno run. 

• Like 1