I240r build

ANDY ABBOTT

Nothing done on the car this week as I've been putting all my spare time into my new garage build. Been prepping the ground ready for the concrete which is going in tomorrow morning. This is going to be the new house for a few of my cars. It took 14 ton of stone and 5 ton of sand to get it to this point lol. Can't wait to get it up now 😎

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

Did I say all the welding was done ? 🙈 I forgot I'd not tub the rear arches. 😐 managed to get the drivers side done today. I'll do passenger side tomorrow, then all the welding is done 😂

On another note got the concrete in for the new garage. 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Not much been happening again the past couple of weeks on my cars, busy again with work 🙄 however after working early this morning then taking the missus and the kids to the cinema, I managed to sneak out to the unit for a couple of hours and managed to get the other rear arch tubed out. Next I'll refit the rear arches using speed clips instead of the 3 inch long bolts that was used by whoever fittdd it last time 😜😂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just been and collected the rebuilt cylinder head from the engine builders. 😊 I can get this head painted up, and crack on with getting the rest of engine built back up now 😎

• Like 4

That head is pure filth 😍  Sorry to be nosey but could I ask is there any reason for having the largest inlet valve that REC do along with the smallest exhaust valve or were they just the next size up for refurb . I only ask as I'm going to get my head done on my 1.9 and any information is greatly appreciated 

12 hours ago, Buz said:

That head is pure filth 😍  Sorry to be nosey but could I ask is there any reason for having the largest inlet valve that REC do along with the smallest exhaust valve or were they just the next size up for refurb . I only ask as I'm going to get my head done on my 1.9 and any information is greatly appreciated 

To be honest I thought the same, I've no idea lol. This was the valve size of the head already. I've just 're new them

Prep the head and primer it, prep the rocker cover next. Think I'll do the rocker in orange to match the colour of the car 🤔

3 hours ago, H-400 said:

Love that square metal cover with the Opel logo, those details say a lot of the owner. Nice camshaft sprocket, never used it myself. Would be nice to hear what difference it makes.

This is a first for me too Herman. I'm in need of a dial gauge to set it up correctly. I'll have to get one bought 👍

First manta, first car :thumbup had oversized inlet valves, seller said they where for a 2.2 carlton head, left it a little hotter, of course i had no one to test it against, but it was a little harder on gogo juice. Or maybe that was just my right foot! But......went well, so enjoy! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

First manta, first car :thumbup had oversized inlet valves, seller said they where for a 2.2 carlton head, left it a little hotter, of course i had no one to test it against, but it was a little harder on gogo juice. Or maybe that was just my right foot! But......went well, so enjoy! 

Yeah should go fairly well, along with all the other upgrades. The body work is taking an age as always. So it will be a while yet before I can drop it back in and get it running. I don't want it all getting nailed in sanding dust and over spray etc.. So I'll have to contain my excitement for now. 😏🙂

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT

Fitted the rocker cover tempory for now, as I need to torque the head down once engine is in the car. I can't get a propper purchase on the bolts while the engine is on the stand.also fitted the water pump. 

And on another note it's new home is almost ready. Once body work is done and it's in paint I can then take it home to put it all back together 😎

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

But it’s missing it’s pit 😁

2 poster going 😀 hence the extra height 😎

2 hours ago, Julian said:

Also a socket to plug the kettle in!!! and more important I don't see a fridge to keep the beer in!  Come on Andy get you'r priorities right!

I have thought all this through Julian 😂 I have a beer fridge ready to go in. Not sure about the kettle though 😀

• Haha 1

Starter motor, prepped, primered and painted. Alternator. Cleaned up, I got lucky with this as it's fairly new 😀 after what Jess said earlier it got me thinking about more orange. So bottom pully, irmscher inlet manifolds for the webbers, starter and alt brackets are all going in orange 😀

• Like 2