I240r build

ANDY ABBOTT

2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

I think these types of colours really do suit the Manta shape and lines. Black alloys I wonder 🤔

No not going down the black alloy route. To me it just makes the alloys look permanently dirty lol, but that's just my opinion. You also can't make out the alloys properly in black. I bought some but they are to wide. Well wrong offset 😐 I was going to paint these a mid grey 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

All masked up and ready to be hit with paint in the morning. All glass etc.. Is removed only masked up to prevent any dust being blown out of the car. We have had to paint it with the doors on, as I can't use my door pin removal tool with the side skirts on and they are now bonded 😂 Had to make a booth in my booth, as my booth is a commercial one for painting trucks and trailers. It's 60ft long 18 wide and 20ft high, and with it being for trucks and trailers it's gets quite a lot of dust in there, and is hard to keep clean so hopefully this will do. 😊

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

Can't wait to see it! Bet you can't either :thumbup

I can't mate, very excited. Need to figure out what way I'm going to go about the rear seat area, as it's got a cage fitted and no rear seat. Not sure if the panel and carpet, or ally sheet it. 

8 minutes ago, Mike. said:

Looks like a first class paint job, it’s going to look great when fully assembled and finished 👍

are you intending to put decals on at some point?

Thanks mate, yes stickers going on same as these 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Are you going to flat and polish or leave as is ( which is looking 100%)

Not sure yet mate, due to time frame on getting 3 cars ready for sywell this year. 

Engine and box back in. 

• Like 4

Servo, prepped, primered, painted and fitted. Irmscher inlet manifolds fitted, along with twin 45s. Alternator kind of fitted. Thermostat housing prepped, primered, painted and fitted. Spend most of the night looking for stuff which drives me mad 🧐 I'm going to look into different engine mounts, to allow more clearance for the carbs, and extends fluid pot. 

Oh and I also flatted of the paint on the opel on rocker cover, and started to polish up the ally radiator. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Still better to move the whole thing forwards, you. And then use some air filters 

I'm defo going to look into for a future mod. But for now it's just about getting it to VBOA sywell. Asldong as I can get clearance so noting is touching just as it was before, then that'll do for now. 😀

Quite a lot done today. Throttle cable fitted, alternator fully fitted, including customs adjuster bracket and belt. Dizzy prepped painted and fitted, fan, prepped painted and fitted, oil cooler fitted pipes routed and fitted, ally rad cleaned up and fitted, wiper mech and motor prepped, painted satin black to match the orange and black theme and fitted, coil fitted, fuel pressure reg and filter fitted, new JS performance hoses fitted, seat bases prepped, painted, seat runners prepped and painted, prop shaft prepped and painted, carpets fitted, head lights fitted to bezals and fitted to car with correct rubbers. 're wrapped wiring loom and started to route it in place. 

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 8