I240r build

ANDY ABBOTT

Maybe with some minor changes the clearence between the carbs and masterbrakecilinder can be improved:

The engine silent blocks are screwed in the brackets, the holes are oval so you can move the engine a bit? Or fitting a shim(s) under the engine bracket? Try to move the master cilinder as far as possible to the outside?   I see the same problem on our "400" cars because they have the carbs on the side of our master cilinder, look at this pic:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

The brake-fluid-reservoir moved to another place to make place for the air filter.

I am not a fan of moving the brake cilinder to the front  with a tube, it enters your body when you hit something massive. But the Opel GT  uses also a master cilinder at the front so you can find a solution on that car? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, H-400 said:

Maybe with some minor changes the clearence between the carbs and masterbrakecilinder can be improved:

The engine silent blocks are screwed in the brackets, the holes are oval so you can move the engine a bit? Or fitting a shim(s) under the engine bracket? Try to move the master cilinder as far as possible to the outside?   I see the same problem on our "400" cars because they have the carbs on the side of our master cilinder, look at this pic:

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

The brake-fluid-reservoir moved to another place to make place for the air filter.

I am not a fan of moving the brake cilinder to the front  with a tube, it enters your body when you hit something massive. But the Opel GT  uses also a master cilinder at the front so you can find a solution on that car? 

A little remote master cylinder reservoir here for you Herman 🙂

• Like 3

11 hours ago, H-400 said:

I'm of the same opinion on the master cylinder Herman . I've found my problem, I've used a N/S mount on the O/S by mistake  and hadn't noticed it had an opposite angle to the mount. I'm going to look into just extending the fluid pot now. 

A load more done today. Bonett fitted, engleman mirrors prepped, painted and fitted, door handles prepped, painted and fitted, door locks in, all glass runners fitted, mechs fitted, door glass and all fixings fitted, inside of boot area prepped and painted satin black, boot lock in, number plate lamps fitted to rear bumper, rear bumper fitted, rear lights all contacts 're surfaced including bulb holder, and rear lights fitted, rear infill panel prepped, painted and fitted, boot seal fitted, seat runners fitted, top door trims prepped, painted and fitted. All 4 cibie super oscars along with brackets all prepped, painted. These will be fitted At a later date. Theres Prob few other bits I've forgotten about. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get the new roof lining in that I have for it, and then I can start getting all the other trim in and quarter cards, front and rear screens etc.. 

It's also clear to see that these wheel I bought for it are defo not going to work. They would be great for a 400 kitted car, but to wide for the i240. So I'll have to sell these and buy another set 😑

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 5

Bit more done. All satin trim painted. And passenger side fitted, brand new roof lining fitted, seat belts fitted, bit more wiring done. Side lovures painted and I managed to find the Holy grail, a pair with all 6 tabs still intact 😮 scuttle mesh painted and i spent a couple of hours routing parts out of storage ready for tomorrow. 

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Great job, liking the look for sure.

Where is the headlining from?
Looks a great fit, was it though?

It came with the car along with brand new, still in packaging front and rear screens. It was a good fit, just wanted trimming down a little. 

• Thanks 1

Today we got all the satin trim finished off and fully fitted, roof lining finished, quarter cards fully in, roll cage fully bolted in, lower door seals cut to suit the cage, and fitted, upper seals fitted, sill tred plates fitted, quarter seal in, quarter glass in, front screen in, rear screen in, door cards fitted, door funature fitted, side louvers fittedweve also made a template to panel out the rear seat area. Started to remove the oil cooler, as I've decided against fitting it.  

I'll update with pictures tomorrow. I was useing my phone to play music and forgot to take pictures 😀

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ®evo03 said:

Andy, try a hatch seat back panel for size to block off rear seat area, had the idsa in my head and was meant to get round to trying it, if it is pretty enough and fits? Why not! 

Thanks for the idea mate, but we have already made up a backer now and carpet it, and fully fitted. I have a hatch rear back aswell and it never crossed my mind 😂

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT
  • Like 4

Rear seat area now panel out. Seats going in later, and got the man the myth the legend who is Mr Andy Rutter coming over next weekend to help me set up the top end of engine  and hopefully get it running. Can't wait 😀

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Think I would have tempted to put some dynamat over those arches mate. Looks good though, was thinking about this issue myself for the 400rep, although I might pull the safety devices cage out of it anyway. 

Not to fussed about them mate, as it matched the satin black theme on rest of the car. Also not like you see them much with the front seats in place 

2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

More to do with the noise rather than looks.

I dont care about noise driving a thing like this, with big exhaust, twin 45s growling away 🤣🤣 if it gets on my nerves I'll just turn the radio up lol. And it'll only be used once in a blue moon 👍

Seats in, wiring had everything wired up for a test and everything now works lights etc.. apart from the horn which I'll have to look at. Got engine turning over and checked oil is getting up top, which seems good, can all come back off now for loom to be wrapped. Finished off the dash fitting, and all dash lights checked and working. 2 last coolent pipes cut yo suit and fitted, oil cooler fully removed, centre console fitted, gear gates and knob fitted, seat bases and seats fitted, and wet vac.  

• Like 7

18 hours ago, H-400 said:

That interieur goes nice  with the body colour, you'v been busy the last days...

Thanks herman. Yes been a busy week on this one. Just running fuel lines today, and tidy up the wiring loom 

Got the prop shaft on, fuel line run and connected both ends, pressure reg pipes up with filter, wiring loom pulled back out RE wrapped and fitted for the final time, clutch cable fitted and pivot point set to where I felt happy with it, hand brake cable fitted and modded to suit rear calipers as its got rear disk, filled with coolant and fuel, turned it over a little on the starter and soon realised had no oil pressure, and nothing was getting to the head. Pulled the updated pump off, and fitted a standard new old stock one I had laying around and oil pressure fired straight up. Not sure what the issue was but I'll leave the standard pump on it. After getting the oil pressure sorted I fired it up for the first time and had a little mess about with the dizzy advance and carb settings. Got it running well enough, sounds sweet as a nut. Andy rutte is popping in over weekend to work has magic on it, then I can get it mot and run engine in before I send it off to performance centre for a session. 🙂 brakes still need piping up yet, but I'm getting nearer the end ☺ also got the super Oscar's mounted up, not 100% I'm leaving them on yet, and struggling with wheels. The ones I have just don't look right for the car, and my other ones are too wide, they need to be on a 400 kitted car. 

• Like 8

Yeah looking great mate👍👍

Know what you mean about wheels, having same headache- but can I justify €3k on the replica 400 ones, or do I want something a bit bigger (16”??) and different look anyway 🤔🤔

Already got a few hours in looking at options 🤦🏻‍♂️

13 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Yeah looking great mate👍👍

Know what you mean about wheels, having same headache- but can I justify €3k on the replica 400 ones, or do I want something a bit bigger (16”??) and different look anyway 🤔🤔

Already got a few hours in looking at options 🤦🏻‍♂️

Never found it so hard to find wheels to suit a car, as I have this one lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

I’ll wait for you to find the gems and then just copy 😂

Thanks jess 😂 

So today, I got all the brake pipes in and brakes bleed up. P clipped all fuel and brake pipes, permanently fitted cibbie brackets. Had to remove the bloody door cards again to strip the handles and locks of for my mate to fit the decals, so decals on and gave it its first quick run up our yard. Spoiler now painted today, as I've been waiting on some products to arrive to stop it cracking, so I can fit that tomorrow now. Nearing the end at last 😝

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jessopia74 said:

I have to be honest, those lights are wrecking the look for me.

But love it, if those rear alloys just was dished for the width I actually think they would be nice, as the front look fine 🤔

Now that's looking very nice indeed! I have to agree about the lights spoiling the looks. They are too big. Each to their own however. I think those wheels wheels would look good painted as per Exclusive Ronals. Liking the decals. Wasn't sure if they would go with the orange paintwork but they do! Good job!