Ebay: 87E GTE Exclusive Coupe for sale £5950

A fair price. It looks as if it's matt or semi-matt paintwork however. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-manta-gte-exclusive/323791560657?hash=item4b637b1fd1:g:AnUAAOSwNeNcxbEf

Strangely, it is MOT'd until mid May despite the ad saying otherwise. 

Edited by Monaco Blue

That car looks like a bit of a dog, no close ups, paint looks rubbish, jet wash clean and trades plates along with the fact it needs welding!

He also states it has no MOT but if you check online it has? - first impressions are flying a red flag.

As the original engine has been rebuilt,i would be tempted to sell the xe and associated parts to help fund a new paint job on this one....half roll cage fitted unusual to see,...could be a return to original jobbie with this to regain maximum value .🤑

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can buy remover liquid/spray but can't say how it will leave what is underneath, no more pictures sadly.

Not sure where you are but the car is located between Connah's Quay and Flint, you would have to see it before any purchase for sure.....

3 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

I’m right at the other side of the M62 , past north of Hull. So it’s a fair drive over.

Depends on how keen you are to find a Manta. You might find this useful. It was posted on Facebook a couple of months back:

Lewis Price6zTRlzzrMzf.png?_nc_x=94QgHv6TPNQ Right. I have been to see this today with Owain Horton. 
The seller is a nice chap and willing to negotiate on price to a certain extent.
The car has been painted with that plasticote paint beacuse the original 2as so tatty. 

It's originally starmistblack so a rare colour. It looks like it's had fair amount of MOT type welding repairs in its life. The chassis legs from what I could see have been patched in the past but definitely will need doing. But no holes as such but plenty of underseal.
It all seemed there and runs well and sounds well. 
He's got a redtop he was going to fit with the car and injection loom / sump and mounts he was vauge about the gearbox tho he said he had something he had bought off Carl along with a back axle with an lsd. Also the original bonnet is included.
He wants everything to go together ideally.
All in all it wants a strip down and restoration to original and the other bits moving on. 
Any questions or more info I'll try and answer

Thanks, that is very helpful.

whilat I want to replace the ones lost in the past, I do want something that has a future.

this one sounds like it’s been run into the ground and short cuts taken to keep up appearance, so probably not for me.

I am lacking in time, but luckily not so much the green paper stuff.

12 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Thanks, that is very helpful.

whilat I want to replace the ones lost in the past, I do want something that has a future.

this one sounds like it’s been run into the ground and short cuts taken to keep up appearance, so probably not for me.

I am lacking in time, but luckily not so much the green paper stuff.

What Manta are you wanting? We are currently finishing one off which will be for sale

Ok I done a deal  on this. It needs stripping and some repairs for sure plus a fair few beer tokens.

its tatty, dirty and has some odd bits on it, random paint and wrap in places.

but all the bits it comes with clinched it for me.

redtop engine with bits and Ecuador, alloy big wing sump etc, plus getrag 1.8 bell housing, orig bonnet, alloys and rear seats.

has loads of smaller panels, and once I get it home will be getting shell stripped for dipping and repairs. So if anyone wants to step forwards for this work or we got any recommend ppl from the club drop me a message.

i will start a project post/log as soon as it’s home.

• Like 5

Congratulations on your purchase i look forward to seeing some pictures and following your project. 

If you decide to sell the bonnet and go for the original look as previously mentioned give me a shout.

As for someone to complete the work and the green paper stuff not being an issue I would look at retro powers work. 

https://retropower.net/category/projects/

Good luck with your project and welcome 

Edited by Mickfrad

23 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Ok I done a deal  on this. It needs stripping and some repairs for sure plus a fair few beer tokens.

its tatty, dirty and has some odd bits on it, random paint and wrap in places.

but all the bits it comes with clinched it for me.

redtop engine with bits and Ecuador, alloy big wing sump etc, plus getrag 1.8 bell housing, orig bonnet, alloys and rear seats.

has loads of smaller panels, and once I get it home will be getting shell stripped for dipping and repairs. So if anyone wants to step forwards for this work or we got any recommend ppl from the club drop me a message.

i will start a project post/log as soon as it’s home.

Nice one! The proud owner of a Starmist Black Exclusive Coupe! Or it will be once you get it unpeeled!  I guess you managed to negotiate a fair price for it. 

Retropower is indeed the place to go if money is not a problem and you want a mint restoration or whatever. You could also contact David Howell (Mantasrme on here) who is well known and based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. So not too far away. 

http://www.mantasport.co.uk/