87D GTE Exclusive Hatch for sale £3000

This could be worth checking out in person...as its hard to appraise this one by the pics alone,but looks promising.

Seller states mot work in hand so I gather that will be done.....looks to be a potential bargain compared to other hatchbacks for sale at the moment which are still good buys in the grand scheme of things.😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

Have sent a message about this,just wanting for a reply.lts 190 miles form me 

There might be some localish club members who could do a reccy on this and report back to HQ possibly.

3 hours ago, evo3000 said:

LOL I thought I had seen it somewhere before.....if  its getting a ticket and those legs have been done...your not going to get any better for the money.

I have to agree with you there. It does look pretty tidy on the original thread. Albeit, I suspect it might be a bit of a patch-up job to get it MOT'd. 

I wonder why H11poc gave up on it. A pity as he seemed pretty keen. 

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The pictures in the project thread show quite a bit, expect to fit new rails and the usual, if it's still with the private plate then that's worth a bit.... at that price it's worth a punt if you are handy with the welder, could be very nice when sorted. In fact I'm tempted, I have a credit card offer which is tempting me..... nowhere to put it other than the drive though plus the Mrs will kill me and one of the eldest kids who would have to sacrifice their place on the drive :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheRealExile said:

The pictures in the project thread show quite a bit, expect to fit new rails and the usual, if it's still with the private plate then that's worth a bit.... at that price it's worth a punt if you are handy with the welder, could be very nice when sorted. In fact I'm tempted, I have a credit card offer which is tempting me..... nowhere to put it other than the drive though plus the Mrs will kill me and one of the eldest kids who would have to sacrifice their place on the drive :lol:

It certainly looks like a project with good potential.
When my ‘project’ arrived at home my Mrs christened it the Mid Life Crisis, said it was an embarrassing wreck & swore never to set foot in it. Guess I should have tested the water slightly first 😬

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Seller has got someone local coming with £1750 for it - said he'll give me a shout if they let him down. I was hoping to get it for £1500 to cover the £300 quid it will cost to get it here and then at least £200 to placate the Mrs :lol:

Ah so you were more than tempted 🙈 if you got it for £1500 that would be a real  bargain assuming its been in a lockup since the pics were taken.

• Like 1

Yeah, couldn't resist at that kind of money! it's as it was in the pics on here according to the seller.

Just thought I'd have something on the road a lot faster than my Coupe, depends how far you want to go of course!

Looks like it's been snapped up but as a plus I could bite the bullet and get someone to move my project along by fitting those 2 rear quarters, found a place localish and the chap is timeserved with a workshop full of proper kit trouble is he wants to do the lot which isn't my idea of fun! I just wanted the quarters done and the rest left to me other than final paint.

I think I'll end up just going at it myself this spring - I have new panels so what could go wrong :lol: look out for the SOS call mid Spring 🤣

1 hour ago, bris jas said:

Looks like its back on again /www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OPEL-MANTA-GTE-EXCLUSIVE-1987-Very-Rare-car-for-restoration/383450905146?hash=item5947747a3a:g:cDkAAOSwnfVeYow8

Interesting! A different seller than yesterday. Me thinks he's out to make a quick profit. Note the copy of Manta Magic on the passenger seat. It says it was last taxed in 2018 yet there's no MOT history. 

Edited by Monaco Blue

Mmm, yes, looks like it was bought by a guy who trades on eBay, shame it wasn't direct to an enthusiast but I still think that 2K isn't a bad price given the project thread and what appears to be the general condition.