16v-1.8 Gearbox info please

bris jas

Guys, i'm sure this is somewhere on here but can't put my finger on it.

I'm using the redtop engine mated to my 1.8 manta box, am i right in thinking i use the original gearbox mounts and no fabrication needed and i will use the 1.8 engine mounts for the 16v, also with this all in mind the box will fit exactly where it does now?

Also on the engine i will do away with the dissy at the rear but will it still fit in ok without doing any mods to the bulk head.

As the car is on the spit it's hard to install these items and i want to carry on and finish the underneath.

Thanks Jas

13 hours ago, bris jas said:

Guys, i'm sure this is somewhere on here but can't put my finger on it.

I'm using the redtop engine mated to my 1.8 manta box, am i right in thinking i use the original gearbox mounts and no fabrication needed and i will use the 1.8 engine mounts for the 16v, also with this all in mind the box will fit exactly where it does now?

Also on the engine i will do away with the dissy at the rear but will it still fit in ok without doing any mods to the bulk head.

As the car is on the spit it's hard to install these items and i want to carry on and finish the underneath.

Thanks Jas

Yeah 1.8 mounts for engine and box and the 1.8 box will sit exactly where it does now. 

As Rutts says, the lip in front of the heater box requires either cut away or just bent down around to fit the water pipe on the redtop head. I just bent mine as I didn’t want a sharp edge but some prefer to cut the lip away....entirely up to you....

Edited by biffy1984
  • Like 1