Ebay - Manta B Hatch, Something Different!

Just noticed it myself! Surprised to see he is selling it so soon after getting it all done up with the stripes/decals. 

It's a nice looking car with or without said decals. Should go well with the Cav SRi130 block.

Be interesting to see what it goes for. 

Goes and handles very well you may remember this was Matt black then white when it was mine not that long ago it’s a cracking car I never fancied a hatchback till I owned one amazing what you can get in the boot must admit the stickers aren’t my cup of tea I only did paint and changed wings I bought it already modified from mantasrme so I knew it was a good car 👍

Edited by Shaun400r
  • Like 2

Yeah my old car for sale again. I thought Ricky was going to keep it for a while considering all the things he's done.

Its a great car, although i think the stickers have spoiled it. They are a very personal choice, you need to want to show off to be driving around in a car with that many stickers on it, that otherwise looks standard and sounds quiet (full stainless exhaust in standard small size pipe). If it was a loud and 400 kitted car it would be different

I helped Shaun sell it this time and at that point it had a fresh MOT and no issues other than a few bits in the paint. Including a bit of what looked like a paint reaction to something where it was starting to microblister in a couple of areas. Ricky solved this by covering it with stickers, however i think trying to peal the stickers off could easily damage the paint underneath. Especially around the issues :huh:

• Like 1

I would go look at it first as I painted the car and I’m no where near a professional painter it seemed to react a little I know he’s covered it stickers but as mantasrme said earlier if you pull the stickers off you may have paint coming off I don’t have a spray booth I just had to make do with a sunny day outside as for the mechanical side and the way it goes and handles it’s a thumbs up 👍 

8 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

I am  the highest bidder at this time,Any more information on this Manta 

What would you like to know? I built it so should be able to answer any questions (assuming i can remember the relevant details, as i've done a lot of mantas since then :blink:)

• Haha 1

Just general information.Body.chissis,condition when it was sold.Have been  reading that the paint is not in excellent condition but ok 

As long the chassis ,floors, jacking points, are all okay,I have been looking at the work that has been carried out all looks good 

l may not even be the winner 

More information the better cheers 

I built it in 2011 for a friend of mine, he ran it for about 3 years before i bought it off him and ran it myself for several years. Then sold it to Shaun in Jan 2017, Ricky bought it in March this year and now has it on eBay

Everything is solid on the car. When i first built it back in 2011 it was a standard rusty 1.8 hatch that hadn't been on the road in a few years and had a seized engine.

All the rust was cut out and new metal welded in to the A panels, chassis rails, floors, battery tray, spare wheel well. It also had full sills both sides and has had rear arches since then. Everything has been treated with bilt hamber and waxed everywhere (although wouldn't hurt another dose of that by now i would think)

Front jacking points were replaced with box section rather than the original style ones. As i have never and would never use a standard jacking point to lift a Manta, plus i think at that point replacements weren't available.

There are a few things on the spec of the car that are not in the advert for it on eBay, this was the listing i did when it was last sold to Ricky:

For sale on behalf of a customer. 1984 Manta hatchback in white, MOT till Jan 2020 105,000 miles on clock This started life as a 1.8s Berlinetta but now has an SRi130 injection engine from a cavalier, along with GTe wheels and sideskirts.

The interior is the original black apart from Astra GTe front seats for more comfort.

Specifications: SRi130 engine, tubular exhaust manifold, stainless exhaust system (standard pipe size so nice and quiet), updated alternator, electric radiator fan + thermo switch, cone filter, hyd bonnet struts, HID headlights, quickshift, electric power steering, updated interior fan, remote central locking, updated front brakes with Astra 16v calipers and Audi discs, bilstein dampers, updated front springs, dealer glass sunroof so no rusty roof issues.

New recon calipers with new pads and discs just fitted. Plus wheels freshly powder coated with matching tyres with good tread.

The engine was freshly rebuilt when fitted around 8 years ago with new rings, bearings and oil pump, new clutch, timing belt, water pump, gaskets etc.

Had a re-spray last year, looks ok but not done to show car standards. But perfect for a useable classic/ weekend car or even daily driver. Could even be improved with some attention from a good detailer/bodyshop.

Owned by an OMOC member (as were the last 3 owners) Very solid car, has had welding done in the past (mostly by me) it's all very solid still and well waxed. Mechanically perfect, great car to drive very reliable and good economy.

On 22/05/2019 at 12:57, Shaun400r said:

I would go look at it first as I painted the car and I’m no where near a professional painter it seemed to react a little I know he’s covered it stickers but as mantasrme said earlier if you pull the stickers off you may have paint coming off I don’t have a spray booth I just had to make do with a sunny day outside as for the mechanical side and the way it goes and handles it’s a thumbs up 👍 

Can you tell me what paint you used ( water base ect ) ,If l do get the Manta l may remove some stickers so if the paint gets damaged l can carry paint repair