Rare Manta B Coupe for sale

Interesting car as its W reg but on chrome bumpers, plus its a low spec model being an S.

Probably has the 3 clock dash & has non SR steering wheel

Car is in South Wales.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Manta-Berlinetta-SR-2-0-litre-Manual-1980/133065381814?hash=item1efb5097b6:g:B6MAAOSwSzxc65el

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.50d297843ca5a5ad50a0931bc44acbb0.jpg

Edited by Rapierdave
  • Like 2

Great looking car from a distance but close up needs full paint job blisters starting on all panels but it’s a straight 99% rust free example but he wants 5k I’d of thought 4K would be top money as it will want at least 1500 spending on it to get it towards mint and recommissioned

SEAT1.jpg.6ce6671ac5934a5b5c22b4b65211cb0a.jpg

Manta GL limited edition.

All in silver with steel sunroofs and 2.0S engine. Yes, has basic instruments and four-spoke steering wheel.

Blue interior trim like this (picture of my car interior, not the one for sale).

204227099_2.0SGLBrochure(2).jpg.31978c3f5f1c7c865768c81e2348bd21.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rapierdave said:

Interesting car as its W reg but on chrome bumpers, plus its a low spec model being an S.

It was registered in August 1980 so only just a W reg. As you say though, odd having chrome bumpers at that time. 

2 hours ago, KAA said:

Manta GL limited edition.

All in silver with steel sunroofs and 2.0S engine. Yes, has basic instruments and four-spoke steering wheel.

Blue interior trim like this (picture of my car interior, not the one for sale).

204227099_2.0SGLBrochure(2).jpg.31978c3f5f1c7c865768c81e2348bd21.jpg

That's one I've never heard of before. One wonders if it was to get rid of old spec chrome bumper models.

Can’t be many of the poverty spec B series about now. This would be a such a great resto project. Looks solid enough and complete. It will be interesting to see what it fetches. It’s already at £4250 so might go a bit further yet.  

• Like 1

I was just about to post the advertising spec for the GL as I thought it would be one of those. My guess is it was late registered hence being on a W with chrome bumpers. I've never seen one and only ever seen the advertising sheet, so it's interesting that Kaa actually has one, and another has turned up. The advert seems to suggest black bumpers though?

It does seem to have the wrong centre caps on the Rostyles, as they are A series ones (unless for some reason they went back to those?).

Manta_20190528_192306.jpg

Edited by 1900SR

Thats one nice standard car, its only fault is sunroof, only the second b ive seen with one, which is weird. Even weirder, it was in a field, 20yrs moss for interior, t bag, weetabix shell, perfect sunroof and roof, wtf?

Cant understand the manta market! But..... someone is gonna grab a bargin, then double it. Guess thats life..... nice car for someone in the know! 

No tax, buy a cheap exclusive interior, quads, skirts, spoiler, wheels, and paint, a better exclusive than your ever gonna build, or a gte spec! 

Gonna email seller and give him some advice! Ha,ha! 

Saying that lowered, dished rims, is all it needs, retro cool, and 4 speeds rock for b roads, better than a 5 speed for driving.

Cant wait, im building a 2.0 4 speed, cant wait!

Edited by ®evo03

Yeh, thought it was a steal at this price. So many possibilities for this car, its not difficult to turn this into a concourse, I bet the sunroof is mint! 

It will never need a 100 hours welding, 

My setup would be 40s, 4 branch, lowered, Ronal turbos 8 inch, lowered 60mm, Billys, leave everything else, now that would be fun,

Sale of the year, so for, if you ask me, fair play to buyer! 

• Like 1