Sticky Manta

1200bandit

So pick this up day (300 miles round trip)

Its the Manta with all the sticks, was going keep as was 

When to get petrol the cashier says it that the one with all the sticky all over it

They have to go ,the first photo is when it arrived home, the last photo is with some removed 

Paint damage on 2 areas so far 

Dos the Opel thing stay or go

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

Well done on your purchase, hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it, I’m sure you will 👍

just an observation, the round blitz logo on your bonnet is the wrong way round? Looking at it from the front bumper the flash should go from left/high part of flash to right/lowest part of flash.

Well done, I am pleased you have got yourself a car.

Shame about the paint damage, how are you getting the decals off?

Re: the Opel bonnet decals, I think I would take them off personally, but your car Wayne, entirely your decision.

Enjoy!

Have removed al the sticky form the bonnet,When the sticky not to old quite easily to remove 

Going to have a go a removing the side ones when the rain stops 

Have put a splash of cheep white paint on to stop it rusting 

1 hour ago, Mike. said:

Well done on your purchase, hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it, I’m sure you will 👍

just an observation, the round blitz logo on your bonnet is the wrong way round? Looking at it from the front bumper the flash should go from left/high part of flash to right/lowest part of flash.

Opel blitz has now been removed 

• Like 3

If you've got one, a steam cleaner with wallpaper attachment will do the job quicker than a heat gun.  Any adhesive remaining can be removed with Autoglym tar and adhesive remover.

All the swan necks have been done,Jacking points good, so all ok under sides 

some rust coming though on the bonnet, not a lot , front and rear arches are clean 

The is a lot of small things that needs sorting out,

Going to start with the bits that don’t cost much money 

The wheels are for sale as l going down a different route 

Edited by 1200bandit

In the first photo the wing sticks out to far

in photo 2 the wing needs to come up

in photos 3/4 the bonnet gaps are not right 

Lots of bits to do,may take a few years 

Thats just a quick check on the front of the body work 

8 hours ago, mantasrme said:

One of the wings is a non genuine replacement wing, think its the drivers side. Which is why the shape along the top is not quite right

Carried out a bit of work on the Manta tonight,adjust the wings looking a lot better 

Going to put the original wheels back on.l am going to have a go at a repaint (how hard can it be) possibly leave the sticky on the doors.

see how it looks when most of the sticks are off

The gaps on the wings was getting on tit ,So got the gaps right got to relain the rear of the front wings.Once the gaps are right will pull off the wings and paint inside of the wings and inner wings,But having a night off tonight,

unsure to go for original head light or stay with the twin headlights 

lan l don’t think anyone call you lazy 

20 hours ago, IanMc said:

21 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Grief! You've only had it 48 hours! Full steam ahead for sure! 

What are your plans for it? Presumably a respray is on the cards. 

I will play with it over the winter if looking good may put it fo sale as it’s a hatchback l really what a coupe 

Edited by 1200bandit
More information

1 hour ago, 1200bandit said:

I will play with it over the winter if looking good may put it for sale as it’s a hatchback l really what a coupe 

Very wise holding on to the OEM wheels, more so as they have been refurbished. Makes it arguably more saleable in the future. 

• Like 1

Not a lot carried out tonight,moved sticky out clean out the garage (if don’t keep on top of it it’s get out of hand)

swop the wheels over ( fitted my spare wheels) remove the lower side skirts .Clean a bit off the front suspension,test paint the top suspension arm , looks ok, Backed sticky in to the garage so got a bit more room to remove the wing 

Not a lot going to get this weekend.off to the river festival then some beer and food and spend some time with the other half.The bandit is in need of some love

Had a quick look at the sun roof very rough around where the sun roof goes into the roof ,so what the hell got a small bit back to the frame,Found that the frame is made of ally .Will post photos tomorrow 

So going to remove all the paint and polish the frame.and might stick with the sliver wheels 

So have removed the sun roof from sticky.Will clean and polish the frame,

Its best remove so the roof can painted better, a little bit of rust under the frame 

Made one clear indicator leans.  Having a bit of trouble getting the paint,  needs to be scanned to get the correct colour 

Have put on the spare wheels (ones in sliver) l think is looking better with the sliver ones on.  

Anyone interested in fire extinguisher if so get me a offer 

Edited by 1200bandit
Photos

Keep hold of that fire extinguisher Wayne. If you don’t want it in your car, at least keep it in your garage.

I have one screwed to the wall in my garage, in fact it’s now the third one. The first one was used to put out a welding fire on the underside of the Cav and the second one was used putting out a pack of wire wool on the shelf that went up while I was grinding something on my workbench.

I would never be without an extinguisher now.

• Like 1