Sticky Manta

1200bandit

Nothing to do with sticky,but a very good day 

Today had the family bbq , yes is was raining (a bit)

The gazebo fell down (no one under it raining) because of the rain, and to top it all the squirrel nicks the spatula of the bbq 

Life is good 

Edited by 1200bandit
  • Like 1

On the good news front ,found the support and nuts for the wiper linkage 

The door is looking good no reaction so far 

On the bad news front got reaction on the bonnet 

Tow steps forward one step back

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Tonight flattened and polish the n/s front wing and very pleased with it 

It’s not the best paint job but is not to bad 

The photo of the wing with no paint on it is the wing l polished,

I Was was going to bin this wing but l thought l give it go 

Got sort the bonnet now 

• Like 2

To night l polish the o/s wing turned out ok 

Had a go at the bonnet , front panel (front panel was alright but l trying to get it better l made is worse as the bonnet)

Try a bit of flattened a bit of the bonnet and MAY be able the flattened and polish most of the bonnet 

Had a look at the wings on sticky tonight, and l am impressed with the finish on the wings (which has surprised me)

I thought Leila have a quick go of the bonnet on the o/s looks like l might get away with it (now l have posted it it will go tits up)

Going to have a go at the bonnet tomorrow and see how it goes 

Got sticky out of the garage today ( starts first time after 2 weeks) in the sunshine 

Checked the wings looked just a good in the sunshine ,flattened the bonnet (well most of it )it’s looking really well not polished yet 

I am very surprised that it’s turned out this good ( got to love that k2 paint)

Give it a clean on the inside 

The grey bits where the paint is a bit knack 

• Like 3

Very surprised the way the paint has turned out it’s better than the Hyundai 

The bonnet has only been flattened NOT POLISH 

l am going to be sad when it’s go ,but go it must 

The Bandit has found a happy home in South Wales (Do miss the bike)

Edited by 1200bandit

Yes got to sell ,as the garage is getting converted into a room,

The mum in law is having a few problems, family comes fist

If the Manta is left outside is not going to do any good, so it has to go

All ready have sold the Bandit ( which l had for 16 years)

May be in a good few years get back to a manta 

Not a lot done today , so give it good hover out ,looks very good.

20 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Guess I will keep an eye out in the classified then.

I am open to offers ,as don’t really go down the eBay way

Got bored this afternoon so had a quick look at the bonnet and front panel

Flattened the bonnet maybe ok going to leave it for a few days 

The front panel is a nightmare ,so l removed all the paint from it needs a bit of stopper in few places, but it is a solid rust free panel 

Now looking good so no more paint reaction 

To night started  fattening the roof used 320 dry starting to look good (May have to change this to shiny)

This week hopefully fattened the roof ,(will finish off with 1500 wet) then polish 

prime the bonnet and front panel then paint it on Saturday 

Can see the difference from the roof to the boot lid

22 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Might need to be careful with that red, you will need to make sure you use some isolator before white coat or it could bleed through.

That’s a very good point!

I remember a friend of mine worked Saturdays at a local body shop to make some extra cash. They had the contract to repair all of the Police cars in our locality.

He told me stories of writing (well spraying) some other (animal related) words for Police in Red prior to the White going on. (According to him) it would take a year or two to bleed through, but it did and they were not happy.

Strangely, he didn’t work there for very long after that.... :lol:

Great work, as always Wayne - your definitely winning now!

Think it will ok as l am going to remove most of it with wet dry paper

only put on the seal the bonnet l am going to leave it until Friday then fattened the most of the paint off

should have done this at the start,

It didn’t help getting in wrong colour paint in the first place 

If it bleeds though will remove all the paint from the bonnet 

That’s the roof done, looking ok,

Had a go at the bonnet though l had it done, lots of dry coats , tried a wet coat ,all went tits up , so remove some of the paint 

Was getting a bit thick there, Back to the beginning 

The front panel in primer 

I think this car hates me