New genuine Opel speedo cables

CalCol

Speedo cable for an Ascona B / Manta B with a 4-speed box. GM part number 90018857, Opel 12 68 18. £32.50. Sold

Speedo cable for an Ascona B / Manta B with a 5-speed Getrag. Part number is listed as for 1.8S but works fine for CIH engines. GM part number 90159047, Opel 12 68 022. £37.50. Sll sold.

Speedo cable for an Ascona B / Manta B with a 3-speed automatic. Again, listed for a 1.8S but works fine for a CIH car. GM part number 90158452, Opel 12 68 021. £32.50. Sold

I also have speedo cables for LHD Ascona/Manta B if you need one.

Hi CalCol,

could I place an order for the Manta b 2.0E cih  5 speed getrag box speedo cable please,

forward on your preferred payment details, I have PayPal if that would work for you,

thanks

mike.

The ones I listed for sale are RHD, but I have a bunch of LHD ones if you have a LHD car and need a speedo cable for that.

LHD speedo cables aren't that hard to find, it's the RHD ones that seem to be in short supply.

Cheers,
Nick

Unfortunately no, Steve, but I will be in the UK this week (flying tomorrow) for a couple of weeks. I'm going to be seeing Paul Brennecker and most probably Andy Clears while I'm in the UK so I can give it to one of them to give to you if it's not urgent, at least that saves postage. Does that work?

Cheers,
Nick

On 07/06/2019 at 01:19, CalCol said:

Speedo cable for an Ascona B / Manta B with a 4-speed box. GM part number 90018857, Opel 12 68 18. £32.50.

Speedo cable for an Ascona B / Manta B with a 5-speed Getrag. Part number is listed as for 1.8S but works fine for CIH engines. GM part number 90159047, Opel 12 68 022. £37.50. 1 sold.

Speedo cable for an Ascona B / Manta B with a 3-speed automatic. Again, listed for a 1.8S but works fine for a CIH car. GM part number 90158452, Opel 12 68 021. £32.50.

I also have speedo cables for LHD Ascona/Manta B if you need one.

Is the price inclusive of postage? If not have you got an estimate on Mainland UK for 5-speed Getrag RHD.

Cheers

It's plus postage, sorry, should have mentioned it. Actually in the UK right now with the cables, Rob, so it's only domestic postage. If you're going to be at the VBOA we can do the same as with Sutty's cable and ask Paul B or Andy to hand deliver it if you like.

Cheers,
Nick

22 hours ago, CalCol said:

It's plus postage, sorry, should have mentioned it. Actually in the UK right now with the cables, Rob, so it's only domestic postage. If you're going to be at the VBOA we can do the same as with Sutty's cable and ask Paul B or Andy to hand deliver it if you like.

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Nick

I won't be at VBOA, so postage is best solution for me. My Postcode is WA11 0QB if it helps on costing postage?

I take it you have more than the one of 5 speed Getrag RHD cables for sale, already knowing one has already been sold?

Regards

Rob

Yup, got four of them in total so you're fine if you want one, and the 3sp automatic cable should fit nicely too - IIRC it's only about the positioning of grommets over the cable to avoid rubbing against stuff. I was going to size a Monza LHD speedo cable against a RHD Manta to see if that was an option too as the biggest problem with the RHD Manta seems to be the length of the cable you need (and I have 11 of those hidden around the place).

Anyway, got back in to the UK yesterday so I'm still getting settled (I have to work California time while I'm over here so that blows evenings away...). I'll unpack boxes tomorrow and weigh a cable to see what it would cost and let you know.

Cheers,
Nick

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CalCol said:

Hi Rob,

The cable will go in a padded envelope easily, should be only £4 to send it to you.

Cheers,
nick

Cheers Nick

I will sort out over the weekend to pay you, can you PM me your PayPal details for payment please?

Regards

Rob.

• 10 months later...

Sure, no problem, I'll add you to the list. Hopefully once the lockdown ends I can have a friend pick it and send it off to you, just not sure when that'll be.

Cheers,
Nick

Hi Andy, I've sold most of the spares I had I'm afraid. I do still have these that I was going to put on eBay to catch LHD owners:

- 1x LHD 4sp 2.0S/E (90160370)
- 4x LHD 5sp 1.8S / 2.0S/E (90159046)

But otherwise I have only ones for my own use left now. I'm happy to measure them up if you have a spare 5sp RHD one to compare to, but I suspect it will be longer as it has to travel further. Speedy Cables might be your best bet.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find any more genuine 5sp ones...

Cheers,
NIck

29 minutes ago, CalCol said:

Hi Andy, I've sold most of the spares I had I'm afraid. I do still have these that I was going to put on eBay to catch LHD owners:

- 1x LHD 4sp 2.0S/E (90160370)
- 4x LHD 5sp 1.8S / 2.0S/E (90159046)

But otherwise I have only ones for my own use left now. I'm happy to measure them up if you have a spare 5sp RHD one to compare to, but I suspect it will be longer as it has to travel further. Speedy Cables might be your best bet.

I'll have a look around and see if I can find any more genuine 5sp ones...

Cheers,
NIck

Thanks nick. If you could get a measure for me that be great. 

• Like 1