Engine block coolant drain...where

hoobby

After an engine test run my water pump started leaking no problem tho have a spare pump and gasket but was horrified to find my new blue coolant was no longer blue but brown and full of sludge all hosed out but want to put a cleaner in there (recommendations) trying to find the block drain I know it's there somewhere but can't see or feel it and I'm determined not to take the manifold off yet again has anyone got a good pic of the block or described it's location 2.0e.

Take the pipe off that goes to the heater matrix and flush from there, remove the pipe from the matrix, and then put the hose in it, then take off the water pump to thermostat pipe and turn on the hose, it will flush the block.

then do the matrix and the radiator.

Ok cheers that's what I was going to do if access to the block drain is to hard to bother with but have plan b just made a copy of the gasket and going to fit pump put a flush through the system (there's a lot of rust car has stood for 11 years) when Finnish remove pump and flush block as want to be thorough at getting all the rubbish out of the bottom of block water way.

Edited by hoobby
Plan b